The Discorery

The Combaticons were in their drop ship along with the Minicons flying south to investigate some mysterious energy that they picked up on sensors. When they arrived a 1/2 mile from energy source they landed they gathered in the center of the drop ship for briefing.

"Okay listen up every bot" said Onslaught "given the unknown nature of this mission the plan is to minimize risk for everyone participating should this go south." The Combaticons and Minicons all nodded in understanding. "Okay here it is: Vortex, Blast Off, Dive Bomb you will be out eyes in the sky" said Onslaught.
"Swindle you and Grindor will Circle around from the north and begin approaching when I give the word" said Onslaught.
"You bet" replied Swindle. "Brawl you go to this cliff" he said pointing to the location on the holo map, "and provide Overwatch with your artillery." "I hope for a big boom" said Brawl as he punched his palm. "As for me I'll approach from the south with Broadside" said Onslaught. The rest of the Combaticons nodded in agreement and began preparations for landing.
Once the Dropship landed the doors opened and the Combaticons sped out in their vehicle modes to their destinations.

Once in position Onslaught gave the command to approach. "Okay I'm moving  in." Onslaught and Broadside then moved in slowly and cautiously. When they arrived they found a large metal crate colored dark purple with the Decepticon symbol on it. Onslaught noticed a button on it and the n proceeds to press it. The crate then opens up to reveal a collection of Melee weapons.
Onslaught then called in his discovery "Guys it's a weapon crate." "A weapon crate!" the rest of the Combaticons shouted. They then all drove down to Onslaught and Broadside and then proceeded to to look at the contents of the crate.

"Now this is the find of the decade for us boys" said Onslaught

"Now this is the find of the decade for us boys" said Onslaught. "Now choose a weapon."
Onslaught picked up the sword.
Vortex chose the battle axe.
Blast Off decided the scythe was his weapon
Swindle the Daggers and Brawl the spiked mace.
"Ahh yeah we finally can use something else besides our fists when we have to get up close and personal" said Swindle.
"Indeed Swindle" agreed Onslaught.