3. The Rose and Army of Cactus

Robs POV

"PRESTON!" I screamed feeling my eyes widen I realized I was in my bed back at home

"I-It was dream?" I breathed, realizing tears streaming down my cheeks. 

But it felt so real.

My chest felt numb, I felt sick to my stomach. 

The room was dark as the curtains were shut my heart beating madly as I tried to calm myself down.

Dragging myself out of my bed I made my way to balcony doors pushing my curtains open I let the sun in. I was shocked to see frost on the windows turning quickly, my room was covered in it sighing in frustration I opened the door to the balcony and walked out.

Resting my hand on the ledge I let my eyes roam the scenery. It was beautiful as always ever it never failed to amaze me.

It was about the middle of summer, but since I lived in the Northern Kingdom it was always a bit colder.

Meaning snow always comes earlier and stays longer. My room had a great view of the garden with different varieties of flowers, smiling lightly I feeling a gust of air brush through my hair.

The area where I lived was surrounded by mountains and millions of pine tree's our kingdom was located in a valley while Preston's kingdom use to be an hour travel.

But now his new kingdom is now planted farther down south in the desert, weeks travel.

I giggled as he got his wish to live in the south and seen real cactus he always said that he dreamed to see them and well own an army of cactus himself.
It was really cute the way his eyes glowed as he asked if I wanted to come and see then with me, but it would never happen as the desert was hell to me. I would surely die.

Feeling my heart rip to piece's I'm pretty sure me and Preston were more than just best friends. I loved him more than anything my mom loved seeing me with him, it's like she knew something we didn't. 

 It was pretty funny.

I was so shy so I didn't talk to any other kids I was usually all by myself. That was until one day my kingdom was holding a ball that I was forced to attend.

~

Tons of strangers filled our ballroom, the hall to me seemed huge but since people were flooding it the hall seemed tiny then ever.

I deiced to leave and go to my place of peace, which was the kingdom garden. I entered the garden quietly as always amazed at the different flowers, carefully I touched them scared I was going to freeze them.