28. His Sacrifice and Reason

Mitch's POV

The sun was rising as we left our home I can only dare to look back once, our home getting smaller and smaller as we got farther away.

We don't know how long we're going to be in the Northern kingdom but we packed our house cleaning it and locking it up for when we ALL got home.

I walked head down halfway through our trip some of us dead silent, like we were walking towards our deaths.

Many of us were motivated while others didn't wish for this day to finally come. But after many long hours of walking through thick forest and rocky area's we stopped at our midpoint.

There everyone sat in separate groups making small talk, while the loners sat and pondered the meaning of life.

The wind blew through the tree's, the faint smell of fresh water reminding me of my real home, I was really close to it.

I was from a Kingdom in the East, and I was the soon to be ruler of it but my prophecy fell low as I left on a great adventure and never came back so now my kingdom stays in the hands of my older sister, who one day waits for my arrival.

I don't wanna rule my kingdom, but it's my responsibility.

I'm just trying to run away from my problems, I ran away when I was 14 and that's when I met the group that called themselves TC, but before meeting them I met my best friend, a tribal prince by the name of Jerome.

Sure he was a beast and my kind lived from their furs and materials, but i took our friendship into consideration and me and him created peace between our kinds, but that's a whole different story and adventure.

That I might one day tell.

In my hands I held a dark oak bow, made from the finest of wood and hide, the strings brought from all over the world, but brought into one.

Tyler said it was made for me to lead this world into peace, and let all the race's and breeds untie as one.

I gripped the leather grip and felt grief overflow me.

Tyler or Logdopzip, was once a lover to my close friend in TC.

~

Before the accident happened..

I was handed a black case with the entails, L.D.P carved into the leather, Tyler glowed brightly at me with a huge smile as he carefully handed me the case.

At first I was confused as to what he was giving me.

That was until he let me open it, and in the case laid a bow made from rich oak wood, that was carefully made to my liking.

It was my first bow I ever received since being in TC, I was very happy and surprised, It was an honour. It was our first big adventure that can change the world and I was given this bow to conquer it.

"Protect him with this please, I trust you greatly. This is my greatest work yet it will get you through hard times! I promise!" He smiled widely a glow in his eye's and with that I nodded as he bestow the weapon upon me.

But little did I know this oath was going to follow me to my grave.

It fell from there our adventure ended in failure.

~

I stood up in complete pain painted with purple and blue bruises, I kept coughing up blood trying my best to get the salty taste out. Around us everything was falling, Ian and Quinton were not recognizable anymore, as there bodies were marked with deep scars and stuff that is just to inhumane to explain.