6. Bittersweet and Biggums

Jeromes POV

A cheeky smile spread across my face.

The humans ran fear lacing their screams as I raced after them laughing to myself. Their cries were music to my ears.

One of them fell to the ground, her friend leaving her behind she rushed to get up, but before she can I crawled over top of her.

I placed my paw on her back not letting her move.  She then screamed causing my ears to fold back, I growled in irritation sinking my claws into her back.
Her scream was high pitched and irritating, I crawled off of her letting her scramble to her feet and run.

Watching as blood raced down her back, my grin widen at the sight.

My paw clenched feeling the warm liquid run through my paw I decided that was all the fun I was going to have today.
I decided to trail back into the depths of the dark forest.

Those girls were stupid enough to come and adventure in these parts of the forest especially since I lived around here.
I guess they will tell there village about the monster that roams around here they now have proof that I really exist. 
I raised my paw up seeing that girls blood soaking through my fur I grinned once again.

Let's just hope.
she doesn't die by bleeding out turning away I let my blood lust die down looking ahead.

The night was cold and crisp like usual, the trees looked like old lady hands trying to grab you, giving the forest a more creepy vibe.
I didn't mind it actually, I believed that I belonged here more than my old home.
I cringed at the thoughts pushing the memories away, it was all to painful.

Owls chirped in the background causing my ears to rise up as a different sound caught my attention, the sound of something jumping from tree to tree made me curious.

I let my eyes roam the tree's and paths all around me looking up I watched the tree lines, smirking as a presence near me.
'Four in one night.. What a treat.' I thought.

I decided to relax and let what ever was watching me trail me, my eyes darted as I kept walking back to my den.

The closer I got the stronger the presence became what ever it was it was sneaky, they hid there scent and watched their movements.

Who ever this was, they were skilled and had training I crawled into an open area where my cave stood. The cave looked damp and cold there was dried up blood on the outside.
'Home sweet home' I thought.
But before going inside I decided to see what was tracking me.

I sniffed the air catching a whiff of emotions it was weird but I can tell what the person is feeling when I catch there scent, it was a perk to what I was.

Their emotions were mixed, with happiness, anger, relief, and something else I can never put my paw on.

The scent was sweet causing the fur on my back to stand, I got on my fours and looked around.

My eyes traveled to a human figure on a nearby tree. I stood there before feeling a smirk rise on my face the person shifted down to the ground.
They had cloth wrapped around there head and a robe covering their body.
Their eyes glowed a light brown, around there neck hanged a familar charm much like mine. 

I got up and crossed my arms leaning on the cave, they stood there watching me and taking in my new details.

"Mitch.. What do I owe the pleasure?" He pulled down the cloth on his head revealing that pretty face of his, his hair a mess making him look extra adorable, his face older and serious he looked at me with playful eyes still. 

"I see your still as cruel as ever.." His eyes traveling to my paws, I looked down towards them feeling something stir up inside me I nodded.

"Sure am, Buddy." I didn't let the smirk leave my face knowing if I did my dignity will vanish in a snap.

"Now.. Why are you here?" I questioned. 

He stood there before walking closer to me causing my stomach to stir I shivered as he stood in front of me backing away he seemed to look disappointed.

"Well.. You see I need your help."  He muttered pulling the robe and clothes off of his body and throwing it on the ground, he now stood there in a red and black checkered hoodie, his scent now floating around me causing my senses to sharpen and chill. 

His scent roamed my nose and caused me to melt I stiffened looking away from his gorgeous eyes I smirked deciding to play around.

"Why would I help you?" I managed to say, he seemed to cringe his scent mixed with disappointment and a tad bit of anger but that soon changed to cockiness.

"I see your nerves still tense around me." He muttered, I lowly growled feeling my nerves tense and my senses tighten more.

"What do you need Mitch or are you here to just cause trouble cause that's my job?" I felt anger rise as I clenched my paws together, I hated when he mocked me or teases me in anyway he backed away looking the other direction.

"Me and my group need to collect the people who have charms like we do." He picked up his charm placing it above his head and letting it reflect off of the moon. 
"The ones who have these have a mission. To end a evil living in our world..And that mission is starting soon once we retrieve all six of us who have the charms." He stopped, letting the charm fall before me.

"We already have three and four if you come with me." He mumbled, I felt my face drop as memory's flooded my mind I shook my head.

"Sorry Mitch but I can't help you." I said before turning away and crawling into my den, he stood there nodding to himself before gazing at me.

"Why?" He mumbled, I seem to freeze in place feeling anger rise in me.

"Y-you know why?" I muttered clenching my paw.

"Jerome.. You have to forget the past.." He muttered a hint of anger in his voice. I turned to face him watching as he stood outside the entrance his eyes cold.. I flinched.

"I-I can't forget The Past MITCH!" I growled in anger backing away from him, he seemed to get more angry.

"JEROME HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU, IT WASN'T YOUR FAULT!" He yelled.

I got onto my fours growling like crazy.

"IT WAS MY FAULT MITCH, I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO HELP THEM! THEY ALL DIED BECAUSE OF ME!" I felt my heart shatter, an unsettling feeling dwelling on my shoulders. 

 Before feeling my vision get hazy, all the memories started flooding my mind.

I raised my fist and punched the ground, I have to take control.

Not now. 

"IT WASN'T YOUR FAULT FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME!" I felt my final nerve get crushed.

"MITCH THE REASON THERE DEAD IS BEC-cause.. I-I.. I decided to save you.. Instead of them.." I felt my body weaken as the truth slid out of my mouth.

I stood there wide eyed slowly backing away from the speechless Mitch he looked at me with fear. 

I backed away feeling my nerves soften as my head started to pound my vision going hazy all my strength suddenly disappearing, I fell to the ground.

I watched Mitch as he looked at me pure fear clouded his vision, I felt the pain spread through my body as  I heard snaps and cracks my bones and legs shifting.
I screamed out in agony feeling tears threatening to fall. My body cried in pain as I stood there only thinking.

This is what I get for not saving Team Crafted. Or myself.

My vision darkened as I felt my eyes get heavy.

After that all I can hear was the worried voice of my sweet Biggums.