17. New Friends and Old Friends

Lachlan's POV

The day was finally coming to a close.

Preston tired and dead from all the traveling, slept soundly as we road in a small carriage borrowed from Preston's empire.

It was a bumpy ride but I have to say it was well worth it.

It's been about a week since I left and I couldn't have been happier to be home.

I honestly didn't really expect to be gone for so long.

My goal was to find the pyro and bring them back first.

Preston's snores started to irritate me, sighing in annoyance I threw my robe at him watching him shift in his sleep as he turned away from me and quiet down.

Riding down a familiar road the biome seem to change letting me know we were really close.

The sun was slowly going down, mixed colours filling the sky.

A warm smile spread across my face as the manor came into view, it reminded me of a miniature castle, cozy and welcoming.

The warmth from Preston and the sun let me rest in peace as we got closer to the building, the closer we got I could see Petey looking through the window waving happily, waving back he disappeared into the depths of the house.

My eyes caught the sight of the stable as Mitch's horse was the only one resting in the wooden building.

I parked the carriage carefully and turned around, Preston slept soundly with a warm smile on his face, I felt kind of guilty to wake him up but fudge him and his snoring.

Pushing him back and forth I watched as his bronze eyes slowly opened.

"Preston we're here." His eyes fluttered opened and he nodded softly, I'm not going to lie but he looked pretty adorable.

Looking away I hopped off the carriage helping Preston behind me, then suddenly I got tackled to the ground by a heavy force.

"LACHLAN!!" Mitch sang happily, turning my head he hanged onto my back smiling like an idiot.

Behind him we're Kenny, Choco, Pete and an unknown beast who stood quietly behind them.

My eyes searched for Vik but it didn't seem as he was here, I can only feel my head fill with every negative thought.

"Where's Vik, did he make it back yet?" I questioned letting Mitch onto the ground, everyone started grinning like big idiots.

"Yeah don't worry he's here but he's with the other ice element in the tower room." Kenny pointed out.

"Well who's this?" Mitch questioned pointing at Preston.

"The fire element I was sent to look for." Preston smiled.

"I'm Preston, nice to meet you."

"Well Preston welcome to the rebellion." Pete said reaching out his hand towards him.

Preston shook his hand warmly and yawned, looking towards the sun I noticed it disappeared over the tree line.

The colours that once amazed me disappeared slowly into a dark blue.

A colour in which I didn't really like.

~

We packed and brought our stuff into the manor, everybody seemingly in a good mood as it was mostly smiles and laughs.