13. Kara and The Rebellion

Years Ago~

Petes POV

Fire burned rapidly like a wild beast that had no ability of common sense, and only knew how to destroy.

She held my hand tightly as we ran through the chaos filled streets, tears filling her brown eyes but she tried to keep it together as she only looked forward.

Everything around me, made me sick to my stomach blood shed all around us my leg burned to a crisp but she somehow still had hope that I could make it. My leg burned badly as I tried to keep the same pace as her tears flooded my eyes as it was unbearable.

It felt as it was boiling away. 

Everything was a blurred memory as she stopped in place, I fell next to her not being able to take anymore, smoke filled my lungs as I tried my very best to get a taste of fresh air.

She seemed to fall to my side looking down at me with terrified eyes, she shook her head in disbelief as her quiet voice encouraged me to get up and keep going. People ran past us not taking a second glance only caring for their own live's, kids cries echoed the streets as they pleaded to their lost or dead parents.

But we had no choice, we didn't wanna fall into the hands of the Northern Kingdom, no way in hell.

But what I didn't expect was the Northern Kingdom brought hell right to us, as their army attacked our small country in a matter of seconds, burning the beautiful landscape to a bare tundra, the tree's looked like humans collapsing to the ground from breathing in poisoned air, as they burned creating a thick dark cloud of smoke to suffocate us all.

How did it come to this?

~

It was like any other peaceful day.

Peaceful..

I just finished work in the fields, and came home to my family and Kara.

She was playing with my siblings in the forest telling the kids about the bunnies who just recently gave birth to a new pair, the way her eyes glowed as she explained to the kids that they were strong caring creatures who were gentle and loving if you showed them the same type of treatment.

I watched carefully as she picked up one of the baby rabbits in her small hands it's nose a light pink while its body an almost pure white, lowing her hands down she let the kids pet it gently.

Suddenly her eyes caught my attention, she smiled warmly setting the bunny in one of the kids hands and telling them to be gentle.

She got up off the ground dusting off the dirt and shrubs on her creamy coloured dress, her light brown hair blowing in the wind, she had a smile that brighten my heart.  She jumped into my arms planting a kiss on my cheeks, I returned the favor planting one on her cool forehead.

"Brandon lets go, I have been waiting all day for you!" She pouted pulling me towards the direction of our favorite area, where we liked to sit and watch the sky.

"Okay lets hurry before the sun goes down." I grabbed her small hand and dragged her along the forest, through tree's and streams of water.

Tell we made our way to a small opening in the meadow were a huge rock sat, the rock was big enough for two people to lay on and look up at the blue sky looming above us.

That very moment the world felt wonderful as I didn't have a care in the world, as we sat and watched the clouds past by in a peaceful float. Hand in hand I couldn't have been more happy and grateful.