19. Warmth and Gold

Preston's POV

I was in the most traumatic pain I have ever been in.

My arms, my legs, my head, my chest, my neck, and even my heart were in utter pain.

My heart feeling like it was being squished by a cold hand.

"I-I'm so sorry Rob.." I whispered through my cries, only to look up and be meted by heaven.

Gold.

Everything was oddly gold.

The sun sparkled down on us like fairy dust. The grass painted in a gorgeous shine, the atmosphere creamy and almost dream like.

I stood up and ever so carefully pulled him up. Smoke rise'd thousands of feet high into the multicoloured sky. He shivered under my grasp, not looking me in the eye's as tears streamed down his cheeks.

He wore a dark blue sweater, his eyes matching, his hair was fluffy and a hazelnut brown, his face more peachy and rough.

His arms caught me by surprise as they slithered around my waist pulling me, he cried into my shoulder I didn't know what to do as we both stood in the golden glow from the sun.

"R-Rob?"

"Preston, I-I'm sorry for everything." He wheezed.

Resting his head in the crook of my neck I felt butterflies explode in my stomach, falling into his embrace I suddenly felt something lift off my shoulders and fly into the morning sky.

  Looking at him I noticed the small hint of blue he had left in his eyes, a painful smile spread across his face as he slowly stood up. The tears didn't seem to stop as he stood in front of me he carefully sat on the grass motioning me to do the same.

Sitting on the grass together he looked up at me and lightly smiled warmly.

We both looked at one another in comforting silence, realizing I was staring directly at him I shyly looked down and realized his hands. I just wanted to take in his new features and carve it into my head.

Somewhere deep down I was truly happy to see him.

Pain lurked in my thoughts as I hurriedly looked up at him realizing the scars and burns that layered his skin.

Feeling a sickening feeling I ripped my gaze away from him again.

W-why did I lash out?

I don't even deserve to see him.

I was being a selfish little prick.

Clenching my hands I felt anger boil inside of me, a hatred starting to overcome my thoughts, this is all my fault.

"T-this mess is my fault. I-I shouldn't have over reacted I should have listened. I know sorry isn't going to fix- fix this" Tears started rolling down my cheeks and onto the grass below me. "I-I wa-was to caught up i-in revenge. I-I should hhave listened to you!" Crying into my hands I felt horrible.

Suddenly a cold hand rested on my cheek, surprised I stared at those silver eyes of his.

"Don't cry, it's okay." His voice week, my eyes widening I smirked between tears.

"W-well you're crying too." We both sat there pathetically chuckling.

The smoke danced into the clouds. The grey polluting the white fluff.

Painfully getting up I knew I had do something about it before it goes out of control.

Walking a couple feet away from Rob, I faced my flames and raised my hands up, concentrating on the fire ahead of me, I took a deep breath and inhaled powerfully.