30. The Garden and Mist of Death

Preston's POV

The scent of mother earth was clear as day, lighting a small fire I guided us through the cold darkness that lurked in front of us, we ignored the bugs that crawled out between the cracks of the caverns and the moisture that dripped down the ceiling and onto our pale faces.

Through our investigation, before our plan started it was a whole butt load of worry and anxiety on my shoulders but now as I made it closer to getting inside the castle, I felt all anxiety and stress ware off of me.

Kenny stuck close to me more than ever as we were cramped in a small cavern underneath the castles tunnel systems.

Our priority was to take down the council and government of the Northern Kingdom, on towards the castle we hit up the house's of those who were involved with the system; meaning we took care of them, many gave up in fear while others tried to put up a fight, that ended horribly for themselves.

Kenny on the other hand was stirred by the sight of the village and community the Northern Kingdom was put in, it was horrid to say the lease.

Behind me Kenny not even a foot away from me his eye's were red and puffy, his hands shaking as blood stained his them.

Stopping he didn't notice I did as he ran into me, startled he jumped back in surprise and looked at me in fear.

"Uh sorry." He mumbled, nodding I took his hands into mine.

He jumped in sudden surprise and then I let the warmth of my abilities warm his hands, also to smear the dry blood off his hands.

"Kenny you stay here. We took care of most of them already." He winced in fear before looking at me with in worry.

"N-no I can't, Pete said I had to go with you." His grip tightening around my hands.

"Kenny, it's okay. I can handle the last two I personally know them so they won't even put up a fight." I smiled reassuringly.

Tears swelled up in his eyes pale blue eyes as he shivered in fear.

"I'm scared." He confessed, sighing in a awe I took him into a hug sharing my warmth with him.

"It's okay Kenny, we're all scared just many of us don't show it. I'm glad though that you confessed it." I smiled looking at him warmly.

Silence is to admit your afraid.

He nodded and held onto me for awhile, letting comforting silence fall upon us.

"Kenny, I'll go deeper into the castle and take care of the last two, while you find the rest of the group." He nodded whimpering before wiping his tears away, he gripped his weapon.

"Okay." He whispered.

"When you find them lead them to the front court." We separated from our hug and I locked eyes with him.

"You can do this, I put my trust into you." He nodded slowly looking down to the ground, colour coming back to his face.

"Okay, but promise me you'll be safe." Determination burning in his eyes, laughing nervously I nodded.

"I promise, I'll see you soon."

Sooner than I will expect.

~

After that we took our separate routes, I led Kenny to the opening first before taking off on my own deeper into the underground.