25. Fireflies and Jars

Rob's POV

After a sunny day the colours of it's sunset filled my room, despite it's beauty my mind had to focus on the brewing pain my body felt.

It felt twisted and stuck in place.

I knew I was going to fall sooner or later, I knew what was going to happen to me and I wasn't going to tell anyone, but Pete being the observant person he is, he found out quicker than I thought.

He questioned about the marks that were once on my skin that seemed to fade away once I was revived by Lachlan.

But the marks returned.
And to my surprise they were what's keeping me alive.
After my lungs collapsed from Preston's attacks the marks took effect repairing my body with the help of my "magic", after my lungs died off they were replaced with the dark powers the marks have making it my main source of life.

Dammit.

I felt anger boiling inside of me, pain burning my insides making it hard for me to breath.

My hands were shaking in frustration and pain, cold filling the room, my body this time is more different than last time.

I now have artificial organs that my powers created to keep me alive and I am slowly transforming into a monster, my powers are manifesting my body quickly that's why I asked Pete to hurry the mission, and the fact that the spell Lachlan cast was temporary.

But it's not enough time my insides are engraved with these marks, its starting to re-appear on my skin, I can only cover them with my sweater so no one notices.

I have to leave.

Slowly getting up I went in my closet and grabbed a bag of important stuff, I needed for my mission, my armour, clothing, extra weapons, food, and essentials for basic living.
I knew the route from here to make things easier.

My mission is to assassinate the King.

Shivering in a cold despair I fell to my knees, w-what am I doing?

Why don't I just tell everyone?

Why am I making this harder than it should be?

Why am I doing this?

Suddenly a knock boomed through the room breaking me out of my trance.

"Hey Rob are you okay in there, it's really cold outside of your door?" Preston's voice questioned innocently.

"Uh yeah I-I'm just training, sorry." I lied resting my head on the bed I sighed.

"Stop lying, now let me in you jag, or I'll burn down this door!" Sass lacing his voice.

Stuffing my traveling bag under the bed I opened the door for little Preston.

There he stood his bronze eyes filled with wonder, I smiled lightly suddenly surprised by his touch.

"Come on let's go somewhere."

"But I-"
"No But's lets go!" Dragging me out of my room I felt pain stab my back, I flinched but Preston didn't seem to notice.