Dark Secrets

(P.O.V. JACE) I stand in shock as I see....myself... picking up Clary and cradling her. My doppelganger holds her gently, almost lovingly, as he gazes at her face. As the figure starts to walk away with her, i can just make out his slight limp. Sebastian that son of a bitch. I carve a silence rune into my ankle and follow them slowly, i can see her curve into him, all of a sudden, my vision goes red as I'm over come with rage. I want to run at him and knock her out of his arms, but it's not him I'm angry at, it's her. How dare she fall for him and leave me behind. I am close to throwing myself at them, when Sebastian turns around suddenly. I realize I must've been growling, i duck even lower, realising the nails from my palm. Gaining myself pain, which clears my mind, i watch as the blood slowly flows down my palm. I wipe it on my already filthy jeans, Sebastian shrugs his shoulders and limps away, the love of my life held in his arms. As I follow them, I'm conflicted as to whether or not to attack them, or let him take her back. I decide to just keep following them, as we near the castle, i can see a figure standing in the doorway. Valentine. I swing wide and come around to the side of the door, climbing an old, dead oak tree. I watch as Sebastian (still disguised) passes Clary over to Valentine. Valentine holds her, and looks at her with the love of a father, cradling her like a baby. I can just barely make out there voices as I hear Valentine bark orders out. "Take her up to her room, and leave her there, then come to my office. We need to talk." I can't hear what Sebastian responds with, as he takes Clary back and carries her inside, the door slamming after all three of them. Thankfully, right next to the tree, is all large open window, i silently crawl into it, agile as a cat. I look around, and see that i've stepped into some sort of library, it has a desk though, shit, must be Valentines office. I scurry out of the door on the other side of the room, coming out into a large corridor. I need to find Clary. I pull out an old drawing she gave me, it's of me with golden wings, i pull out my stele and draw a tracking rune on it. I close my eyes, I see a large tower room, the door tightly locked, Clary laying peacefully on a large kingsize bed. The forest green silk sheets, making her fiery hair stand out even more. I start my ascent up the stairs, running three and four steps at a time. I finally reach a spot where the corridor splits into three different passges, i close my eyes, still holding the runed paper. I immediately know to take the middle passage, it leads to yet another set of stairs, there ones leading in a large circular shape. I run up them quickly, getting dizzy as I reach the great wooden doors. I lean against them for ballance as I reach the top. I pull the door open and see her laying on the bed, I walk in and am about to sit by her side. As I'm aproaching her side, I'm grabbed from behind and a small rough dagger is held against my neck. I gasp and lean my head back to avoid the knife. As I do I hear a very familiar chuckle in my ear. "How did I know you would come to save her?" The voice cackled in my ear, pressing the knife closer to my neck. I feel something warm on my neck, i know i am bleeding now. "Well met, my son." I snarl at these words and duck beneath Valentines arm. "I am not your son, you mongrol," I growl as I roll across the ground, grabbing a stray peice of broken glass off the ground near the wardrobe. I stand and hold it put menacingly at him. "I and not your son, and no I am not afraid to kill you." Valentine just laughs and returns the dagger to its sheath on his hip, he walks closer and then leans against the wall, almost casually. "If only you knew Clary and SebastianSebastians little secret," he says teasingly as he picks at his nails. (SORRY, this chapter was so long it feels so long, anyways continuation coming up soon)