#8: Opening Ceremonies

Sophie arrived at the Foxfire Opening Ceremonies in her dragon costume. She looked for Dex and when she found him, she shouted "DEX", ran over and tackled him in a hug. They fell to the ground and both started laughing. That was the new thing they did when they greeted each other. Sophie got up first and helped him up. They wiped the dirt off of their costumes while laughing. Then they went to look for Biana. They figured she would be with Fitz, so they went over to the blur of white yetis and found a speck of green in the crowd. They followed the green and found Biana there with Fitz and Keefe. When Sophie looked at Keefe, he smirked and her heart melted. She looked at Dex, hoping Keefe couldn't feel the change in her mood.

"Hey Sophie. I have some new information I need to tell you" Keefe said.

Then he took her hand and rushed her out of the crowd and out of the building. When they were alone Sophie finally talked.

"Okay. What was that? What is this new information?" She asked frantically.

"There is no new information. I just needed to get you alone. So I could do this" Keefe said.

Sophie started to say something, but Keefe wrapped his arm around her back, pulled her forward so their chests were against each other and kissed her. Sophie was in shock, but she liked it. She quickly realized what was happening and sank into the kiss. When he pulled away, his face was redder than hers. She didn't know that was possible.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Keefe asked, still red. "You can punch me in the stomach now, if you want" he added. Sophie rolled her eyes.

"Why would I do that?" She asked.

Keefe looked surprised. "Because I just kissed you without any warning and pulled you away from everybody, leaving them to wonder if something is wrong" he said.

"That doesn't mean I didn't like it" Sophie said.

"Wait- is that a yes then?" Keefe asked.

"Yes. I will be your girlfriend"