#34: Memories

A/n: SQUEEEEEE I LOVE THIS ONE A LOT

"Keefe, come on, open the door, please?" Sophie asked, standing outside the door that lead to the bedroom of a blonde boy with permanent bed-head.

"Sophie, I told you, he's not coming out. If he won't answer me, then he won't answer anyone" Fitz said, sitting on a beanbag chair that looked like a rock. He was reading a book about Exilliums history. Probably homework given to him by Mr. Forkle.

Sophie knocked on the door again, then remembered that Keefe never actually locked his door. He always hated having the door locked, it made him feel way too closed off from everyone else. Sophie put her hand on the doorknob, twisted, and sure enough, it was open. She pushed the door and walked in, only to see a blob of bedsheets with a lump the size of a 14-year-old boy. She sat on the bed, and pulled the sheets up to reveal Keefe's face. His eyes were bloodshot and puffy, with circles the shade of a bruise underneath. His face was damp with tears, and his nose was red. The sight of Keefe in this condition was enough to make Sophie almost cry herself.

Keefe looked up to her with his ice blue eyes, and they were glassy, and seemed to have lost their sparkle.

"You're the only one who remembered I don't lock doors" Keefe said in a deep, scruffy voice, tied with so many emotions. Sophie looked down at him, and gave a small smile.

"How could I forget anything about you" Sophie said.

"Photographic memory" Keefe said, as a conclusion. But Sophie shook her head.

"No, it's because I want to remember" she said. This made Keefe sit up. He was now sat next to Sophie, their feet hanging off of the bed. Sophie took Keefe's hand in hers, and looked him in the eyes.

"I know that what your mom did really sucks, trust me, I've gone through it. But you don't have to dig up these memories. It's way too much that the Black Swan are asking of you, and sometimes they forget that we're just kids, still in school. But you don't have to remember things you don't want to remember" Sophie said. Keefe seemed to take the information to heart, and he put his head on her shoulder. Sophie kissed the top of his head, and felt Keefe squeezing her hand tighter.

"Whatever happens, whatever we find out, about me, my mom, anything, please, don't go" Keefe said. A tear welled up in Sophie's left eye, and escaped onto her cheek.

"I promise, I won't go" she said.

There was a long pause, until Keefe finally said something else that made Sophie's heart race, and her stomach turn into butterflies.

"I love you, Sophie"

"I love you too, Keefe"