#41: Back Hug

"Sophieeeeee come on, we haven't hung out in forever" Keefe said, surprising Sophie by using her first name. 

"I know we haven't, but I need to study for midterms tonight" Sophie said to the blonde boy. 

"Why do you need to study? You shouldn't have to with that photographic memory of yours. I never study, and I always pass with flying colors" Keefe said, trying desperately to get Sophie to let him come over. 

"I need to study because there might have been something I missed" She said. 

"Then I'll study with you, I've already done the classes you're in right now" Keefe said. Why was he so clever? Sophie had no doubt that he would be a Ravenclaw. He was witty, clever, sneaky, and smart. Not to mention he looked very good in blue....

"Hey, what's up with the mood switch?" He asked. Apparently she had been thinking about him a lot. 

"Nothing. Just meet me at my locker and we'll leap to Havenfield" Sophie said, starting to get flustered. 

"It's a date, Foster. Come on, I'll walk you to your first session" Keefe said. He held her hand on the way to her elementalism session. With her new ability as an enhancer, she was sure Keefe could feel her emotions on a whole different level, even with the gloves, and the thought of that almost made her sick. She wondered what her emotions felt like to him, and if he knew that she was wondering that. It was all a confusing concept. 

"I'll see you later" Keefe said, leaning against the wall next to her class, his legs crossed at the knee, and his arms folded, just as a cool guy should. He definitely lived up to that stereotype. Sophie wasn't complaining, especially since he used his charm on her. Keefe walked away, and Sophie watched him until he disappeared, hoping he couldn't feel that she was, and then walked into class, keeping the thought of him on her mind to get her through what was going to be a particularly boring and stressful session. 

Sophie miraculously didn't end up in the Healing Center that day. It was turning out to be a very good day in particular, and she was enjoying every minute of it. She walked to her locker, put her books in her satchel, and closed the door, finding Keefe behind it, leaning against the lockers. She smiled, and he kissed her, smiling back when he pulled away. They started walking to the leapmasters when Sophie decided to do something spontaneous. She jumped onto Keefe's back, wrapping her legs around his waist and her arms around his shoulders, careful not to cut off his breathing. She heard him laugh, hoist her up, and continue walking. 

"Your legs aren't working, Foster?" Keefe said with a laugh, and Sophie laughed along with him, feeling very giddy. She'd never done this before, but it seemed to work very well, and they walked like that on the way to the leapmasters. They got looks and stares, along with whispers and judgement. Sophie even heard a "there go the wonder couple" and nothing could've made her happier, even if it was supposed to be an insult. When they got to the leapmaster, she jumped off, and yelled for Havenfield. They were whisked away, and reappeared in the pasture, next to Verdi, who looked like she wanted to eat someone. It probably didn't help that Keefe had ended up dying his hair shades of pastel blue, purple, and pink. Apparently Tam had talked him into it, once they got more friendly with each other. Their friendship almost seemed threatening to Sophie and Keefe's relationship. His hair was styled differently, but it was still a tamed mess. He cut it, and it looked a lot more neat now. Everyone was surprised when he came to school looking like a head of cotton candy, but he definitely made it work. It looked almost punk rock, if it weren't for the adorable personality Sophie knew well. 

They walked up to Sophie's room, hands still entwined. They put their bags down, sat on the floor next to each other, and laid out Sophie's books. When they had settled, they started talking instead of studying.

"So, what was up with the piggy back ride?" Keefe asked, flashing his smile, along with his cute laugh. 

"I just felt like it" Sophie said, smiling back. "It was fun" 

"Just know that it makes you even more cute" Keefe said, putting his arm around her and kissing her head. Sophie leaned her head on his shoulder, suddenly aware that he was with her, and she smiled happily, looking down at her books. 

"Okay, elementalism..."