#43: Fanboy pt. 2

"Keefe? We're going to be late to the meeting! Hurry up!" Sophie yelled up the vortinator. She was sure he couldn't hear so, so she decided to go up and drag him along with her. They would be meeting with the Council to bring Silveny in for a check-up, to make sure she was okay, that her unborn baby was okay, and that Greyfell was okay. It had been almost five months since they let the family of alicorns roam free, and Sophie still did daily checks with Silveny. 

"Keefe, what's taking so long?" Sophie asked when she reached the door. When she looked inside, she found Keefe in his glasses, laying on the floor, with a book above his head. She rolled her eyes, and lied down next to him, putting her head on his shoulder. He was reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. The last time she saw him reading the series, he was only on the fourth book. 

"You've been busy, haven't you?" Sophie asked. He turned his head to look at her, and smiled lovingly. 

"Yeah, you should see all of the homework assignments I never did" Keefe said. She rolled her eyes again, but wasn't surprised. When she read the series, it was over the summer, but she definitely lost a lot of sleep. And that wasn't good for a seven-year-old. She was tired and pale all the time.

"Well, after you finish this book, you're going to do homework, and then we'll watch the movies" Sophie said. Keefe's eyes lit up, and his eyes looked so beautiful and bright. 

"How about I skip the homework and we just watch the movies?" Keefe said. Sophie narrowed her eyes at him, and he smiled innocently. "Come on, the sooner we can watch the movies, the sooner we can cuddle for two days straight" he added. That did sound fun, and she assumed that he never would do that homework, so she let it go. 

"Well, until then, we have to go to the sanctuary to see Silveny and Greyfell. Her baby is due in a few months" Sophie said. Keefe sighed, and put his book down. He kissed Sophie's forehead, and got up to straighten out his clothes. Sophie couldn't help but notice how broad his shoulders and chest looked, and wondered if he'd been working out. 

"What are you looking at?" Keefe asked, looking confused. She quickly looked away, and turned red. 

"Nothing" she mumbled into her hand. She looked up at him, and he smirked. 

"Come on, let's go" Keefe said. He still had the glasses on, and Sophie decided not to remind him to take them off. He looked at her with an admiring smile, and she turned even more red. They went up to the leapmaster, and were on their way to the sanctuary. When they got there, Sophie started shivering immediately. 

"Oh, here" Keefe said. He took off his cloak, and put it around Sophie's shoulders. His nose and cheeks were red, and snowkissed, which made him look even cuter. He snapped the pin onto the cloak to keep it closed, and put the hood over her head. He put his finger under her chin, and tipped her head up to look at him. He leaned down and kissed her, and Sophie found herself on her toes.

"What was that for?" Sophie asked when he pulled away. 

"You looked cute" Keefe said. His eyes were the colour of the ice covering the mountain, and they looked so bright and slightly innocent, with a hint of all-knowing. They looked bigger and cuter through the glasses, and she forgot that she was staring. Immediately, she stood on her toes, put her hand behind Keefe's head, and kissed him intensely. 

"What was that for?" Keefe asked, smiling. 

"You looked cute too" Sophie said. 

"Well, we're just the cutest couple, aren't we?" Keefe said. 

"We really are" Sophie said. She couldn't seem to get over the fact that he looked even hotter with his glasses on. He was the boy she'd been wanting for years, someone who shared her love for geeky literature. He was perfect. 

"I really love you, you know that?" Keefe said. 

"I love you too" Sophie said.