#20: Sophie's Room

"So, which book should I read first?" Sophie asked.

"Umm, I have no idea what either of those are" Keefe answered.

"Well duh. They're human books. I got them from my old room in Mysterium. Now, it's not hard. Just point to one" Sophie said.

"No, something as important as this needs special protocol. I need to spin around while pointing and the one I land on is the one you read" Keefe said.

"Fine. I'll put the books on the ground and you get as dizzy as you want" Sophie said.

She put the books on the floor and Keefe closed his eyes. He pointed his finger and started spinning. Then after 15 seconds he stopped. His finger was pointing closest to Harry Potter. Sophie picked up the book and threw it onto her bed. She picked up the other one and put it on the book shelf.

"Yeah, I'm really dizzy now, Soph. Can you help me to the bed?" Keefe asked.

"Yeah take my hand. I'll bring you over there" Sophie said. Keefe took her hand and she led him to the bed. They both plopped down next to each other.

"Yeah, maybe spinning wasn't that important" Keefe said.

"Maybe not. But at least it picked out my book" Sophie said.

"Happy to help. Hey I think my vision is coming back" Keefe said.

"Oh yeah? How blurry is my face?" Sophie asked.

"Your not blurry at all. But to be fair, you are right next to me" Keefe said.

Sophie turned her head to face him. Keefe did the same. "Am I blurry now?" Sophie asked.

"Nope. Your crystal clear" Keefe said. Then he took her hand and pecked her lips. He pulled away, then came in more slowly. Sophie gratefully accepted this kiss. Maybe 2 or 3 seconds pass when she pulls away and stands up.

"Okay, you are going to read a human book. You're probably not going to like it because of all of this magic stuff, but remember. It's just for entertainment. Got it?" Sophie said.

"Wow. Soph is demanding. One of the reasons you're my girlfriend, though. We're more similar than you would think" Keefe said.

"Haha. Yeah we're two peas in a pod" Sophie replied sarcastically.

"What?" Keefe asked with a perplexed look on his face.

Sophie rolled her eyes. "It's a human expression. It means we're basically the same. And maybe we are, but maybe we aren't" Sophie said.

"Aaah okay. But we are the same. You could be my sister if you had blue eyes" Keefe said.

"Oh that's gross. If you're going to talk about us potentially being siblings, then we probably shouldn't be together. Everything is a possibility right now, given the pasts of our families. Mine is pretty much a mystery" Sophie said.

"Yeah. Sorry. I guess it's just the hair. We can be the blonde squad!" Keefe said.

"Okay, now you've crossed the line" Sophie said.

"Oh yeah? And what are you going to do to me?" Keefe asked teasingly.

"This" Sophie said. Then she transmitted to Iggy who flew over to Keefe and bit his finger.

"Ow! That was not called for!" Keefe said as he sucked the venom out of his finger.

"Okay maybe it was a little bit extreme, but it shows you not to mess with me. Remember what's inside my head" Sophie said tapping her temple.

"Yeah, like you're ever going to inflict on me. You're too sweet to do that" Keefe said.

"Complimenting me while insulting me. Clever. It almost worked" Sophie said.

"Dang it. Well, I have to go now. Have fun reading your fake magic book!" Keefe said starting to walk out the door. Then Sophie grabbed his wrist.

"Not so fast. You have to get your copy of the book. Here, you can have mine. It's already burned into my brain with my photographic memory" Sophie said, handing him the book. He sighed, kissed her goodbye and walked up to the leapmaster back to Candleshade.