#29: Human Movie

"Keefe, you should sleep over tonight" Sophie said. They were sitting on Sophie's bed while Sophie as reading a book, and Keefe's arm was around her.

"I would love to, but I think Grady would kill me" Keefe said.

"He's on some mission with Alden, he'll never know. And Edaline gave me the idea of this, so we don't have to worry about her" Sophie said. She looked up and kissed Keefe, her eyes begging. "Pleeeeeeeease?" She added. Keefe sighed.

"Fine. It's not like my family will miss me for one night" Keefe said. Sophie thought back to dark days when they found out Keefe's mother was in the Neverseen. She was in Exile now, and Keefe's dad was on the verge of breaking, so he was with Elwin and Tiergan all the time. Keefe was right when he said they wouldn't miss him.

"Should you pack stuff?" Sophie asked.

"I probably should. I'll be right back" Keefe said. He pulled out a home crystal that led to Everglen, the place he was staying, and walked into the light.

Sophie got things set up for the night. She had planned for them to watch a romantic human movie, so she pulled out a laptop from her old human house and the DVD case that had a picture of a girl in a white dress wearing pink converse, who was on the back of a teenage boy wearing regular human clothes. A Cinderella Story was one of Sophie's human mothers' favorite movies. She had made Sophie watch it, and she had actually been slightly interested. The girl reminded her of herself, but she could never imagine herself having a relationship like the characters in the movie.

When Keefe leaped back, he had a satchel full of clothes and a soft smile on his face. He did look tired, but he looked happy that he would be spending the night with her.

"Come on, I set up a movie for us to watch" Sophie said. Keefe laid down next to her, and she rested her head on his shoulder. He put his arm around her, and pulled the covers on top of them. Sophie took the computer mouse and started the movie. They started watching, but instead of watching, they eventually started kissing. For long periods of time. Sophie knew it was probably wrong of her, but at the moment she didn't care. All she cared about was the passion and heat of the moment. After a few minutes, they stopped, and went back to watching the movie.

"You know, it's really late. We should probably go to sleep" Keefe said. Sophie agreed, as her eyes were getting droopy. She snuggled closer to Keefe, and buried her face in the space between his shoulder and his neck. She fell asleep not long after, and Keefe looked at her peaceful and beautiful face.

"Goodnight" he whispered. Then he kissed the top of her head and fell asleep.