#14: Iggy

"So how's Iggy doing?" Keefe asked as he pulled Iggy from his cage.

"He's still putting sludgers in my shoes" Sophie said glaring at the imp. Iggy snickered.

"Hmmmm I wonder why?" Keefe said with a mischievous grin. Sophie rolled her eyes.

"What did you do?" She asked.

"I may have put those in your shoes myself" Keefe said, starting to laugh.

Sophie rolled her eyes again and sat down next to Keefe to play with Iggy.

Bite him Sophie transmitted to Iggy. Iggy bit Keefe's pointer finger and he helped in pain. Sophie smiled mischievously. Keefe rolled his eyes.

"Telepaths" Keefe grumbled.

"Hey, it's not my fault I was born with so much talent. Literally. I was created" Sophie said. They both laughed.

"Yeah, it's been a while since we saw old Forkle" Keefe said.

"I'm sure he would have loved Iggy. He did help a bit when Dex and I were kidnapped" Sophie said. She pet Iggy's stomach and he purred really loudly.

"Yeah, but he wouldn't be able to sleep with the chainsaw snores. He's got a lot of sound for a little guy" Keefe said.

"Yeah. I wonder how he stayed alive in that verminion. Did I ever tell you how I got Iggy?" Sophie asked. Keefe shook his head.

"Well, Grady and examine asked me to help them one day and I had to make the verminion puke up some stuff and I noticed this little furball was still alive, so I rushed him to Edaline and now here he is" Sophie explained. Keefe nodded his head.

"Yeah, you kinda lost me at puke. That is disgusting. Almost as disgusting as falling into a pile of sparkly poop" Keefe said, laughing. "Which has also happened to you" he added. Sophie laughed too.

"Yeah and I was basically interrogated by the council that day. I was still covered in poop!" Sophie said. They started laughing again.

Sophie got up to get something and when she sat back down, Keefe moved closer to her. She tried not to read into that.

"I still have the mirror. I'm trying to make my own journal about our Black Swan adventures like Jolie did. I think they're extreme enough to be in the books" Sophie said. Keefe smiled.

"Oh definitely. And the twist about my mother is dramatic gold" Keefe said, still smiling.

Maybe he just doesn't care anymore. Maybe he got over it. But that was a sincere smile. Sophie may be the only person who knows his real smile. She loved it when he smiled. When he smiled he was real.

"Maybe. I started it a couple weeks ago, so I haven't gotten there yet. I started it with the time I found out I was created by the Black Swan and now I'm at the part where Dex and I were kidnapped" Sophie said.

"Oh great. I finally get to know what happened while you were held hostage!" Keefe joked. Sophie shoved his side and Keefe pulled her hair gently. They both laughed and looked down at Iggy. He was on his back laughing at them. Sophie pet his belly and he purred/laughed.

"So, is Sandor eavesdropping on us right now?" Keefe asked.

"Umm......no. Why" Sophie said.

"So I can do this" Keefe said. Then he leaned in and kissed her. Sophie was shocked and didn't do anything, but after she realized what was happening she accepted it. She liked it. She loved it. She didn't know why this hadn't happened before. She wished it would have happened before. Then Keefe pulled away and Sandor walked in the room.

"You can't keep secrets from me, Miss Foster" Sandor said with what Sophie thought was a smile.

"Sorry, Gigantor. I'll leave now" Keefe said, getting up. Sandor stopped him.

"It's not an offense, so I do not have to separate you two. You can stay Keefe" Sandor said. Keefe sat back down next to Sophie.

"Thank you, Sandor" Sophie said.

"Anytime Miss Foster" Sandor said.

"Yeah. Thanks, Gigantor" Keefe said with a wink. Sandor winked back.