#39: Wanna Hang Out?

"Hey Sophie, wanna stop by the store today? You can help me with this alchemy experiment and restock on some elixers" Dex asked as he stopped by Sophie's locker in the morning. She had done an exorbitant amount of homework the night before, and was extremely tired. Definitely not up for hanging out after school. Or for going to school, for that matter. 

"Um, tonight doesn't look good. Maybe tomorrow?" Sophie asked. Dex smiled, but noticed the boy walking toward Sophie. 

"Okay, I'll hail my dad and let him know. But I wanted to talk about something, if that's okay?" Dex asked. Sophie nodded. "I just feel like we haven't been hanging out as much lately. Not since you got together with blondie over there" Dex said, as he pointed across the hall. Keefe was walking in their direction, meeting Sophie at her locker to walk her to her first session, like he did every morning. 

"Dex, I'm sorry about that. But most of the time I'm honestly just doing homework and ability training. If it helps, I haven't hung out with anyone for a while, so you're not the only one" Sophie said. 

"Well how would that help? Now I know that you're wasting your days doing work while everyone else is hanging out with people. You deserve a break" Dex said. Sophie smiled, it was a mostly sad smile, but she was smiling because someone cared. 

"Hey, what's going on over here? I'm sensing some interesting emotions" Keefe said, putting his arm around Sophie's shoulders and giving her a quick kiss on the forehead. 

"Oh, Dex found out that I haven't hung out with anyone in a while, so he invited me over tomorrow after school" Sophie said. Dex had on a triumphant smile, and his dimples showed. 

Don't tell him that you're staying at Havenfield Sophie transmitted to Keefe. He looked at her in agreement.

"Yeah, well, you need a break. You work yourself too hard. Maybe we can hang out the day after, and you can get your well-deserved boyfriend time" Keefe said with a smirk. Sophie saw Dex make a gagging motion out the corner of her eye, and smiled. 

"Yeah, we'll see" Sophie said, rolling her eyes. In fact, they'd be going to Havenfield together after school. He was staying in Jolie's old room, because his dad had gone crazy over the loss of his wife, and decided to take it out on Keefe. He didn't want anyone to know, so he resorted straight to Grady and Edaline. Edaline had let him stay no problem, but Grady was hesitant. Nonetheless, they treated him fairly, in the exact manner they should treat their daughters boyfriend. As long as they were sleeping in separate rooms, there was no problem. Although Keefe had sneaked into Sophie's bed many times before, just so they could cuddle and be close, which was what they needed. Sophie wasn't complaining. 

"Well, I think it's time to go to our first sessions, see you later Dex!" Sophie said. Keefe walked with Sophie down the hall, to her universe session.

"You know he's gonna find out, and then he'll be mad at me" Sophie said. 

"Try not to worry about it, if they haven't figured it out yet, then they won't figure it out for a while" Keefe said. "Plus, I'm very good at keeping secrets" he added with a mischievous grin.

"Yeah, well, don't get cocky about it. Nothing good comes from a big head" Sophie said as they neared the astrology room. Keefe kissed her goodbye, and she entered the room, ready for another session of learning absolutely nothing.