Chapter Thirty-four

*Authors Note*
I'm so sorry!! I haven't updated in so long and I do apologise but I've been so busy with school lately and I just recently started working but here's an update for you :)
_______________
*Hayes POV*
I feel so bad. Worse than when I first started dating Kenzie. Kenzie doesn't know but I've started seeing Alicia again recently but only because Bart is making me. Bart somehow found out about Kenzie and I's relationship and said he'd hurt her if I didn't go back to Alicia. Alicia doesn't know I'm pretending because Bart said I had to make it 'real'. I don't even know why he cares because Magcon has ended. I sometimes wonder if he's just bluffing but something makes me think that he's for real, it scares me to be honest.

It's Sunday today and I was planing on taking Kenzie out on a date at the park or something, and before you say anything, no I'm not leading her on, kind of, I really do like Kenzie and I don't like Alicia at all but I have to be with Alicia to keep Kenzie safe. I'm telling Kenzie that today and I really hope she understands.

I was planning on going at 1 and it's now 11 so I'm gonna text Kenzie.

Hayes: Hey babe! Was planning a date for today. Be ready by 12:30? Xx

Now I'll anxiously wait for her reply.

*******
It's now 12:30 and I haven't gotten a reply from Kenzie. I didn't know what was up and I've messaged her multipul other times and still no reply.

I decided to go over to her house and ask her face to face. I got up to her front door and knocked and Katie answered.

*McKenzie's POV*
Katie, Tyler and myself were all sitting on the couch with a bowl of Fruity Pebbles each watching Spongebob when we heard a knock at the door. I looked over at Katie and we both had a look on our faces like we knew who it was. Hayes.

I had purposely been ignoring him all day because I didn't want to have to deal with the talk because I'm not good with emotional talks but I didn't think he'd come over here.

"Can you answer it?" I asked Katie.
"What? Why?" She whisper yelled.
"Because I don't want to have to face him right now. Just say I went shopping with Mum and Mary. Pleasee?" I begged.
"Fine." She rolled her eyes and put her Fruity Pebbles on the coffee table and went over to the door.

I followed behind her and hid behind the wall so I could hear their convocation.

"Oh, hey Hayes. What are you doing here ?" Katie played dumb.

"Hey Katie, I was just wondering if Kenzie was here?" He asked nervously.

"Hmm, I don't think so. I'm positive she went shopping with Mum and Crystal." Wow. She's really good at this whole faking 'dumb' thing.

"Really? Did she leave her phone here or something? Because I've been messaging her for ages but she hasn't replied." Hayes said sounding upset.

"Hold on, I'll get Tyler to check if she's in her room."
"HEY TYLER!" She yelled.

"WHAT?" He yelled back.

"GO AND CHECK IF KENZIE IS IN HER ROOM."

Oh god. He's gonna give me away. I'm screwed. Shit.

"BUT SHES-"

From where I was standing I had clear vision of him and he had clear vision of me so I have him pleading eye contact and put my pointer finger over my lips indicating for him to pretend I'm not here. He smirked and I just new that he wasn't going to do as I said. I'm fucked.

"SHES RIGHT HERE." He smirked over at me and mouthed 'the talk was gonna happen sooner or later' and winked and went back to eating as watching TV. He's going to get it after I face Hayes, if I even survive.

"WHAT? I THOUGHT SHE WENT WITH MUM?"

"NOPE" Tyler yelled back.

"Soo, is she here or not?" Hayes asked getting angry.

I decided that Tyler is right and this needs to happen sooner or later. Before Katie could say anything more I took a deep breath and poked my head around the corner giving me a clear view of hayes.

"Uh hey." I said quietly. "Thanks Katie but I've got this." I smiled at her before she rubbed my back and whispered a good luck in my ear and left but I knew she was listening in.

"Soo what did you want me for?" I asked trying not to sound annoyed and angry and rude.

"Did you not get my messages?" He asked confused and angry.

I took my phone out and pushed my home screen button showing all of the messages he had sent me.

"Uh, no" I lied.

"Oh, well I asked you if you wanted to go on a date but it doesn't matter now." He don't even sound sad. Maybe I should tell him that I know. Eh, why not. You only live once I always say.

"Uh hayes?" I'm gonna get angry I know it, I can already feel it.

"Yeah?" He said with hope in his eyes.

"I uh, I know." I furrowed my eyebrows just thinking about his betrayal.

"About?" Is he stupid unless he has other secrets I should know about.

"Alicia. I heard you talking to her yesterday." I looked down and bit the inside of my cheeks to stop me from crying, again.

"B-but... What?"

"How long has this been going on?"

There was a long pause before he realised that there was no getting out of this.

"A week after the boys left, but Kenzie I promise it's not what you th-"

"It's not what I think? Of course it's what I think Hayes." I cut him off. "You were cheating on me with her."

"Wait.. What? What do you mean were?" His eyes became glossy.

"Hayes, I'm not your toy. I'm not gonna stick around while you get with another chick."

"But in doing this for you. Bart threat-"

"How are you doing this for me hayes? How is cheating on me benefiting me?" I cut him off again. I had a feeling he was about to explain why but I was just so angry.

"Kenzie please, just listen. Bart. He's making me do th-"

"No one is making you do this, Hayes. You're just letting everyone get in your head. It doesn't matter what Bart said he was gonna do, he still isn't making you do this." I felt a hot, silent tear run down my cheek.

"B-but,"

"No Hayes. I can't do it. I've always said to myself for so long that if I ever got cheated on that was it but I gave you second chance Hayes and you blew it. I'm sorry." Now covered in a pool of tears, I looked at his lips wishing I could kiss them one last time but instead I looked at his eyes, also fighting the urge to cry, and shut the door.

I ran back to my room and spent the rest of the day locked away up there in bed, crying. I never knew liking someone this much could hurt because I've never had a serious relationship before but this hurts.
I didn't say I loved him because we haven't been dating for long but I also didn't say it because I'm denying the fact that I do.
_______________
*Authors Note*
Im really sorry for the crappy updates and it being so over due but I've been soo busy but I'll try and update more often. I say that all the time but I will :)