Chapter Thirty-one

*Authors Note*
Hey guys. Sorry I haven't posted in a while it's because of school and I have heaps of tests and assignments and homework and blah blah blah all that boring stuff, so I just haven't had time. Sorry :(
Anyway, enjoy this chapter :) :*
_________________
*Mckenzie's POV*
It's 12:30pm right now. I woke up 2 hours ago by a text from hayes saying that he wanted to hang out today at the park and meet him out the front at 1pm. I know what this is about. He said yesterday that he wanted to meet up today and talk about how I found out about Alicia. I don't really care about the fact that I have to tell him that Jorden kidnapped me and told me about her. I'm just trying to think of a way to leave out ball sack and his friend. I know that Hayes is going to want to know how we got away..

Also, school starts Monday and it's Wednesday today. I'm nervous, excited and, to be honest, a little scared. It's a new school and I know that I have Lauren and the rest of my new friends but I just don't know what will happen when people know about Hayes and I. I didn't even tell my new friends about Hayes.

I was interrupted from my thoughts by a text from Hayes saying:
Hey babe :* meet me out the front now? Xx

I didn't reply I just said goodbye to everyone and left.

It's hot outside so I'm wearing my favourite pair of high-waisted ripped shorts with a crop top with a pinapple on it and my white high-top converse. I have minimal makeup on and my hair is in a cute messy high pony.

Once I'm out of my door I see hayes waiting for me on the side walk. He looks up from his phone and smiles at me. Once I reach him we hug each other tightly and share a peck on the lips. We start walking to the park and hold hands the whole way.

When we got to the park we sat in the shade underneath a big tree at the back of the park. Hayes was leaning against the tree with his legs spread out and I was sitting against him resting my head on his chest while he played with the ends of my hair.

"This is nice," I say smiling and most likely blushing.

"It sure is. I could stay like this for forever," he said with a soothing voice.

There was a pause in our speaking before he asked the question I had been dreading.

"So, how did you find out about Alicia?" He sounded awkward.

I spin around so that we were facing each other and we sat cross legged. We were close enough so that our knees were about an inch apart and I started to pick grass.

"Um, well, you know when Katie went "missing"?," i used my fingers as quotation notes. He nodded.

After that, I told him everything up until the last five minutes of those five hours after finding out about Alicia, leaving out ball sack of course.

"O-oh. Are you okay?" He asks. I roll my eyes and giggle a little bit.

"Hayes, this was over a week ago. I'm quite fine now." I giggle again.

"Right aha. Sorry. But um, how did you get out?," he asked sounding nervous. My smile faded and I went back to looking down and picking grass.

"Well, that doesn't really matter does it?" I ask trying to avoid the subject.

"Yes, it does. Did she let you go afterwords or.. what?" He sounded sincerely worried.

"Um, not exactly but it doesn't matter. It's over now, Katie and I are fine and everything is fine. All that matters is that I'm home." I smile. I can tell that he isn't believing one bit of my lie.

"Kenzie, I know you're hiding something. What happened?" He said, lifting my head up to look at him, by my chin with his index finger.

"N-nothing happened. I'm telling the truth," I lie. I don't want him to know because he'll worry and I don't want him to worry. Also because it happened over a week ago.

"McKenzie Jane Bess!," (A/N I don't know if I have already said her last name or not but if I haven't, or even if I have, this is her last name now aha) He paused to take a deep breath. I could tell I was aggravating him, "please, just tell me," he sounded calmer but I could tell that it was forced.

I looked at him straight in the eyes. I don't know whether I should or not. It is over now but how will he react? Meh, it can't go that bad and plus, he's my boyfriend, he should know. I'll just tell him, I guess.

"Okay," I sigh before spilling everything. Every little detail about what happened that day.

After I had finished all he did was stare. I could see his eyes starting to water and I immediately regretted telling him. This is exactly what I didn't want to happen.

"Babe, what's wrong?" I ask as I wipe a silent tear rolling down his face.

"I-it's my fault," oh god.

"What do you mean it was your fault?" I ask. He's being silly.

"I-I should've gone with you. I knew not to let you go and have a nap alone. Even if you didn't have a nap. And I-I even saw you come home. I saw you and Katie in that van and I saw you walking back from the park, I even saw the bruises on your face when you went into your room and I didn't think to ask you about them. I-I'm sorry I wasn't there to help." He said while holding in all his tears that were fighting their way out.

"Hayes. Hayes look at me. It was not your fault. Look I'm fine now, I'm safe. That's all that matters and besides it wasn't even that bad. Nothing I can't handle. Don't blame yourself for something that you had no control over." I pull him in for a tight hug and kiss him for a long time.

Once we pull away from each other we just lye on the grass for a bit, cuddled up and talking of our childhoods. It was nice. Really nice actually. I loved hearing of his stories in person. The only other way was from Instagram or twitter. It was great to actually hear what happened face to face. I love Hayes. Not because he is THE Hayes Grier but because hayes, is hayes. The caring, loving, nice, funny, emotional guy.

After a little more laying and a little more talking we decided to head back to his house and just cuddle until I had to leave. Today was a great day.
_______________
*Authors Note*
Sorry that it was boring guys but I have writers block right now. But I hope you enjoyed and I'm sorry for not posting much anymore. :(