Chapter 7: Unexpected

Hazel's POV

After a whole day of making sure to keep those wolves (and Fay) away from my kingdom, I went back home to my perfect girls.

I entered my house and started making dinner. While I was busy I heard the front door, so I knew one of them has returned home.

"Mom," Luna said so I turned around to look at her. Next to her was a girl, I'm assuming her wolf girlfriend. "This is Dawn, my girlfriend." she said, motioning to Dawn. "Dawn," she said to the girl. "This is my mom."

Dawn stepped forward, extending her hand to me. "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too." I said, smiling while shaking her hand. "So are you staying for dinner?"

She looked at Luna, as if to ask if she could stay. Luna only smiled so it was up to her to choose. She looked back at me and smiled. "I'd love to."

"Good, dinner will be ready soon."

"Alright." Luna said, taking Dawn upstairs to her room.

"Oh Luna!" I shouted. She came back a few stairs, wondering why I called her. "Do you know where Gwen went?"

She seemed surprised to know Gwen was out. "No, but maybe she's with Colton or Anson."

I nodded. "Alright." and so she went upstairs with Dawn. I took my phone and called Gwen, she didn't answer her phone... I sighed deep and called Boaz.

"Hey sis."

I smiled, it's been awhile now since I've seen him. We both had busy schedules. "Hey bro, I have a question."

"Ask me."

I smiled again. "Is Gwen at your house? Or did she leave with Anson or Colton?"

"Nope, she's not here. And Anson and Colton are both here, having some family fun time with their dad." he said and chuckled a little, he was a really proud dad.

"Alright, thanks anyway." I said and wanted to hung up.

"Uhm Hazel..."

"Yeah?"

There was a pause for a moment. "Did you hear anything from Fay?"

I gulped, only the mentioning of that name made me feel weird. "No, I didn't. Why?"

He was silent again. "She found us."

My eyes widened. "What do you mean, she found you?!"

He sighed deep. "I don't know how she did it. But one day she stood in front of my door, demanding answers."

I was getting really worried. "What did she want?"

"She wanted to find you and the girls."

"Boaz, did you...?"

There was silence.

"Boaz! Did you tell her?!"

Again a silence, but this time I heard a sniffle.

"Boaz, just tell me, I need to prepare!"

"Yeah," he said so soft. "I told her." he said to which I sighed deep. "I had to, she was holding knives at our throats. My family was in danger, Hazel!"

I nodded, although he couldn't see it. "I understand." I said, closing my eyes. What was I supposed to do now? Fay knew where I and the girls lived. Suddenly my eyes widened. "When did you tell her?"

"A few days ago." he said, clearing his throat. "That's why I asked. I thought it was strange she hadn't done anything yet."

I thought about it. Why wouldn't Fay just barge in, kill me and claim our kids? She could perfectly do that... "Alright, I have to go now, I'm making dinner."

"Alright, bye sis."

"Bye bro." I said and hung up. I stood there, with the phone in my hand for awhile.

"Mom?" I turned around to see Luna and Dawn standing there.

I showed them a small smile, letting them know I was alright. "Yeah, what's up?"

"Are you alright? You were shouting a lot." she said, hugging me.

I hugged her back, tight. "I'm fine, some unfortunate things have happened but I'm going to take care of it."

And right then, Gwen entered the house.

"Oh Gwen, thank God!" I said, hugging her tight. "Where were you?"

"Mom, I was just out." she said.

I let go of her and smiled. "I'm glad you two are home and safe now."

_____________________________

Gwen's POV

Alright, mom was acting weird. She had already called me a lot and when I came home she was hugging me as if she hadn't seen me in years...

I knew something was up, but I was too busy wondering who that girl next to Luna was. As if Luna caught on immediately, she looked at the girl and afterwards at me. "Gwen, this is Dawn, my girlfriend." she said to me. "Dawn, this is Gwen, my sister." she said to the girl.

The girl stepped forward, extending her hand. "Hey, I'm Dawn. Nice to meet you."

I looked at her, and her hand, but didn't shake it.

She cleared her throat and stepped back.

"Gwen!" Luna said, defending her 'girlfriend'.

"What?"

She looked at me, she seemed disappointed. She sighed deep and took Dawn's hand, taking her upstairs.

Mom looked at me, she seemed disappointed at well.

"What?"

She sighed deep. "That's Luna's girlfriend. She really likes her, can't you at least try?" mom asked, caressing my arms.

"I know."

"Then why not try?"

I shrugged.

Mom chuckled. "She's staying for dinner, please try to behave."

I looked at her. "Fine." I said and went to my room.

________________________________

During dinner, it was awkward. Really.

Mom sat next to me, while Luna and Dawn sat in front of us. Luna was nervous to introduce her girlfriend but so was her girlfriend. They both were getting red and seemed to have troubles saying whatever they wanted.

"So," mom said to break the silence. "Dawn, why don't you tell us something about yourself?"

Dawn looked up and nodded, smiling. "I'm Dawn, 17 years old, single child. I love to run, being active."

Mom nodded, of course we both knew what we wanted to hear. "And?" mom said, scooting closer. "What are you?"

Dawn seemed taken back about mom's question. She looked at Luna, surprised. "I thought you told them."

"I did."

Mom chuckled. "She did, I just wanted to hear it from you."

Dawn nodded. "O ok, I'm a wolf, just like your daughter." she said, taking Luna's hand in hers.

Mom smiled, I don't know how she could do it. I thought wolves were the enemies... "That's what I wanted to hear."

Luna smiled too, and so did Dawn. And we continued eating. "Actually, mom," Luna said to which mom looked back up at her. "There's something else we have to say." she said, looking at Dawn.

Mom puts down her fork and knife, and gave them her full attention. "Sure, what's up?" she asked, smiling.

Luna looked at Dawn, they nodded. Luna looked back at mom and sighed deep. "Dawn and me..." she said, taking a deep breath. "We're mates."