Chapter 6: Anger

Gwen's POV

"Robyn? That's a cool name."

She smiled and nodded. "Thanks."

I looked around, not really knowing what more to talk about. I didn't even know her.

"So, do you come here often?" she said. I looked at her, was she really hitting on me? As if she caught on to my expression, she quickly added: "Do you live nearby?"

"Yeah, I live about 10 minutes from here. What about you?"

"Me too, I love coming here. I love nature, I love feeling that soft breeze against my skin." she said, closing her eyes, her arms behind her head. "It doesn't get better."

I smiled, it was fascinating to see her enjoy this so much. "I like it too."

"Really?" she asked, looking back at me. She seemed so interested in whatever I had to say, which was weird but fun.

I nodded.

She turned her body towards me, giving me her full attention. "So, tell me something about you."

I looked at her, kinda feeling a little uncomfortable under her stare. "Like what?"

She kept smiling at me. "Anything."

I thought about it, what was a good thing to tell her? I didn't want to sound like a stupid or uninterested person...

She kept looking at me, she probably noticed that I was having troubles finding something to say. "Tell me, what do you like?"

I looked at her and smiled. "I love reading."

"What kind of genre?"

"Easy," I said, smiling big. "Fantasy."

She raised her eyebrows. "Is that so?" she asked to which I nodded. "What's your favorite fantasy creature?"

"My favorite would be Mermaids. I love how they're free, under water. They're always pictured as happy people, living together, having fun. I'd love that." I know I should've said a witch, but those aren't my favorite.

"They sometimes are pictured as bad creatures."

My eyebrows raised. "Really?"

She nodded. "In some stories they could kill people by getting them in their water."

I got chills by the thought of that. "That seems horrible."

"It is."

I looked at her. "So, what's yours?"

She looked at me and smiled. "Wolves."

I felt angry at that answer, why did she have to choose that? "Why?"

She looked away and closed her eyes. "Imagine being independent. Imagine being in charge of your own pack, taking care of your own family. Imagine running free through the forest or any free land. Imagine," she said, looking at me, directly into my eyes. "Just being free."

My mouth was dropped, she made them sound like beautiful animals. "Wow..."

She smiled. "That's why they're my favorite. They're just free." she said, resting her head onto her arms behind her head.

I looked at her and afterwards at the environment.

We sat quiet for awhile. Her eyes were close, she seemed to just be relaxing while I was looking around, not really knowing what else to do now.

"So, do you have brothers and/or sisters?" she asked suddenly.

I looked at her and nodded. "I have a younger sister, Luna."

She looked at me. "Beautiful name."

I smiled and looked down. "Yeah."

Suddenly her fingers were on my chin, making me look at her. "Hey, what's wrong?"

I shrugged.

"Tell me."

"I had a fight with my mom and sister."

She looked at me, she seemed really worried for me which I didn't understand. I mean, we've only met each other now. "Why? What happened?"

I shook my head no, I couldn't tell her. "Something private."

"Ok, but if you ever want to talk about it." she said, making sure I was looking at her. "Call me." I wanted to ask her how I'd do that without her number, but she smiled and gave me my phone back. "I put my number in there, I have yours too. So, don't hesitate to call me, please."

I nodded, it was nice having her around, I don't know why. "Thank you."

She smiled. "Of course." she said and kissed my forehead.

__________________________

Luna's POV

"I can't believe Gwen would behave like this!" I said angry, sighing deep.

"Hey," Dawn said, taking my hand in hers. "She just needs to get used to you being a wolf." she said, kissing my hand. "And besides, you have an amazing girlfriend."

I looked at her and smiled. "Yes, I have." I said and leaned in, kissing her.

She smiled after the kiss. "So, what now?"

I shrugged. But suddenly I thought back about what mom had said. "Before I forget, my mom wants to meet you. She's really worried about who Gwen and me end up with..."

She smiled and nodded. "I get it, really. But does she know I'm a wolf?"

I nodded. "She knows about me and you being wolves."

"Does she knows we're mates?"

I looked down.

She took my chin and made me look at her. "Does she?"

I shook my head no. "I couldn't tell her, she seemed already surprised about the fact I was a wolf, I didn't want to tell too much at once."

She nodded. "Alright." she said and kissed me again. "Then we'll tell her together."

I smiled and nodded. "I'd like that."

____________________________

Hazel's POV

How could things go so wrong so quick? Only yesterday my two girls were alright, laughing and talking to each other. And now, since they knew Luna was a wolf, they weren't even talking anymore...

And worst of all is, I think they're going to search for their 'dad'... They can't find out about Fay. She's too dangerous, too crazy, too evil...

I entered the castle and immediately was greeted by my first officer. "Hello Milady." he said and bowed.

"Hello." I said and walked straight to my dad's room. As I entered, I saw some doctors and nurses with him. "What's wrong?"

One doctor stepped forward. "Milady." he said, bowing.

"Yeah yeah, what's wrong with him?" I asked, getting annoyed with all those bows.

He looked at my dad. "His injuries are getting worse." he said, looking down. "We don't know if he'll..." he didn't even finish his sentence.

I looked down. "How long?"

He looked up at me. "Two weeks at max."

I gulped, I was going to lose my dad in two weeks... I went to sit down next to him, taking his cold and lifeless hand in mine. "I'm right here, daddy." I said, hoping he'd might give a sign of life. Of course that'd never happen...