Chapter 28: Two different worlds

Fay's POV

Hazel really seemed broken, upset by our kids' reaction and the loss of her dad. I mean I can't blame her... It's been a very tough day for us, especially for her.

And I felt like it was my duty to calm her, to support her, to make her feel loved and wanted, to make sure she knew she wasn't alone anymore. I was here to stay, forever.

But I also knew that she needed sleep, like I said it's been a hard day. So sleep is needed. I pulled her to bed, with me. We laid down and sighed.

I looked at her, it still feels so surreal lying here with her. But I'm so thankful to have had this second chance.

"Come." I said soft to which Hazel slowly scooted closer to me. I'm so happy she's listening to me, she's letting me take control. I knew before that she liked to be in control, still she lets me have it.

She laid in my arms, her head on my chest, her arms wrapped around me, her legs tangled with mine. Ok, this felt great!

I smiled and kissed her head. "I love you."

She looked up at me, smiling. "I love you too." She seemed in deep thoughts.

"What's on your mind?" I asked while caressing her face.

She shrugged.

"You can tell me."

She nodded and laid her head down again, sighing. "I don't really know what to think or feel or do."

"With what?"

She lets go of me and laid on her back. "I just..." She sighed. "How is it supposed to go from here?" She thought some more.

I could say something now but I knew it was better not to, I wanted to hear what else she was going to say.

"I mean..." She sighed. Come on Hazel, spit it out. "Were we too selfish with our decision for peace?"

"What?" Ok, this made me turn to look at her. "Baby, no. We weren't." I said but I could see she wasn't convinced yet. "I mean so many people were separated for years. Of course it'll take a while to get everything back on track but once that's over, we're good." I smiled, trying to get her to believe me. I wonder why she suddenly hesitated.

She shook her head. "I'm afraid it won't." She looked at me. "I'm so happy, and I'm happy my mate and kids are happy." She sighed.

"But?"

She looked away. "But why does it feel like we did the wrong thing?"

I laid back onto my back. I didn't know what to say to that. I mean, I wasn't agreeing with her, at all. I looked at her. "Baby, I disagree." I had to tell her. "I think we did something really good. We changed the world, for the better." I turned back to her. "We did what had to happen all these years ago."

She sighed deep. "Then why doesn't it feel good?"

"Ok, just because your brother's against this, doesn't mean it's not something good." I pulled Hazel closer to me again. "He's just sad about your dad's passing. And he blames me, which I fully understand, it was my fault after all."

Hazel placed her hand onto my cheek, making me look at her. "Stop it."

"It is the truth, baby."

"Stop."

"No, it is - " I loved the way she made me stop talking.

Her second hand went to my other cheek, keeping my head close. Her legs pulled my body closer while her lips were dancing with mine. She was really driving me insane.

I pulled back a little, just far enough to talk. "I love how you made me stop talking." I whispered. "I love you."

"I love you too." She whispered before crashing her lips back onto mine.

____________________________

Hazel's POV

From then on, I knew that whatever would happen, Fay would be there and have my back. She's my mate, and she's the one I can trust, the one I can rely on. It's hard to even think back about the days I was alone, without her. What a waste of time.

Anyway, as days went on, so did life, and the peace arrangement. People, witches and wolves all over the world were trying to find their lost family members back. It wasn't easy, but we tried as best as we could to bring people back together.

I remember a certain scene in the throne room, this is where we put all the people together. Anyway there was this man about 45 years old and his daughter, 16 now. They were looking for someone, a witch. 

I couldn't help but to look at them, just seeing them look into the mass of people. It made me wonder what their story was, what brought them here and most of all: who were they looking for?

All these questions kept me focusing on them, just because I wanted to know. I wanted to help them so badly.

And then, suddenly I saw a soldier go to them and motion a woman to them. A woman around the same age as the man, it seemed.

Once they were together, they hugged. Turns out she was the wife of the man and the mother of the child. And seeing as how the child's only 16 years old now... That child had to be 1 year old when it got separated from it's mother...

I mean there are other stories like that, I'm sure of it. But it's just the fact that I saw this one scene... It did something to me. Just knowing how we destroyed people's lives, just by a stupid mistake... It would forever be our fault, but I guess there's nothing to do about that anymore.

At least they got their second chance, just like me and my family had. Finally everyone would get their lives back, their lives that never should've changed in the first place.

I mean if you look at it, our lives now are like a continuation from the lives before all this madness, the war and the hate. It's like the war was... It was like a different area. A different time. A different world.

It's strange even thinking about a war now, seeing as how happy people are. People might have fought against their enemies, in the end it's all about being together. It's all about being loved and wanted. It's all about... All about coming together, and the differences don't matter.

And this war... It's gone. I mean, my life has changed and I'm glad. I'm happy and relieved we've passed this different world. Finally we get to live in our world, our good and peaceful world.

I remember thinking that wolves and witches were two separated nations, separated worlds. Because they had their rules and we had ours. But I couldn't be more wrong. This has nothing to do with wolves or witches or humans or whatever.

It's all about Fay and me. We started this because of one misunderstanding and created this world that everyone had to live in. A world of war.

And now, we finally moved back to planet peace.

Yeah, war and peace... They're really two different worlds.

The end

______________________________

So we've reached the end of this story. It's also the last book of this series, for now... :D I hope you all enjoyed Hazel and Fay's journey to planet peace.

Thanks for the reads, votes and comments :)  I hope to see you all in another story :)

- LxT4ever