Chapter 21: The start of something new

Gwen's POV

"Moms?"

Mom stood up and walked to us. She took both our hands and took a deep breath. "Listen girls, I love you both and I want you two to know the truth."

"The truth?" Luna asked.

Mom nodded. "Your wolf mom and I," she said, looking at our wolf mom. They were smiling at each other, what happened? "We're back together."

We both gasped. "Wait mom, you mean as in dating?"

She nodded. "It's really unexpected but we couldn't deny our love any longer. We hope you two will accept her into our family."

"She has done terrible things." Luna said, she was definitely still hurt.

Wolf mom looked down, sighing deep. 

"I'm not denying that, but so did I. We were both consumed with hatred towards each other and the wrong people got murdered or injured because of that." mom said, looking at us. "Listen, we're just asking you two to please try to welcome her into our family."

I looked at Luna and afterwards at our wolf mom. I knew Luna wanted to hug her, she missed her. "Go on," I whispered to Luna. "Go."

Luna looked at me and nodded. She quickly walked to our wolf mom and hugged her. They were crying in each other's arms.

I smiled and went to hug them as well.

"I love you two so much! I swear I'm going to do everything I can to protect you, all three of you." she said, taking mom's hand in hers.

"So what now? What about the war?" I asked.

Mom looked at me, afterwards at wolf mom. "We're going to announce the end of it tomorrow. It's over."

"Absolutely, we were fighting for love, and it was wrong to involve all those innocent people." wolf mom said, smiling at mom. They seemed really in love.

Luna smiled at me to which I smiled as well, this was amazing news! "So, we get to be a family now?" Luna asked, she sounded so innocent.

"Yes," mom said as she sat down next to wolf mom. "We already are."

I sat down onto mom's lap, since Luna was sitting onto wolf mom's lap. "But won't there be a lot of troubles?" I asked.

"Troubles?" wolf mom asked.

I nodded. "Witches have learned that wolves are bad and wolves have learned that witches are bad... How will you ever restore that trust?"

"Like I already said to your mom, everything's possible as long as we're all on the same side." she said and smiled at mom. "And we're going to bond our kingdoms together, and create new rules to make sure we achieve peace."

Mom smiled and nodded. "I agree."

Luna hugged wolf mom even more. "I'm so happy you're back." she said soft to wolf mom. "I love you, mom."

Wolf mom smiled and hugged Luna tighter. "I love you too, Luna." she said, kissing Luna's head. "And you too, Gwen." she said, kissing my head. "And you too, baby." she said, kissing mom's lips.

It was still weird seeing that, but I'm so incredibly happy that they're together. I knew they belonged together from the moment I saw them together.

______________________________

The next day I woke up and blinked a few times. Did yesterday really happen? Were my moms back together?

I quickly got out of bed and hurried downstairs. On my way over, I came across Luna. She must've thought the same as me as she was hurrying downstairs too.

We got to the kitchen, since we knew mom would be there. We entered and only saw mom. Was it all really a dream?

"Mom?" Luna asked soft, she seemed upset. Maybe we both had the same dream. Maybe we both wanted our moms to reunite so badly that we both dreamed about it...

Mom turned around and looked at us, smiling. "Good morning, my girls." she said as she served us our breakfast. "Did you two sleep well?"

Both Luna and me went to sit down, looking around. "Yeah."

"Uhm... Mom, where's mom?" Luna asked soft. She was clearly uncertain about asking this.

Mom looked at us. "She's still in bed. I'm going to surprise her with this breakfast." she said, smiling big while making a beautiful plate.

Both Luna and me smiled big, thankfully it wasn't a dream! We were so happy yesterday really happened! 

"Mom's going to love that." Luna said, smiling big.

I nodded. "I think so too, but I think she'll love the cook the most."

Mom blushed and smiled. "I hope so." she said and started walking back upstairs. "Have fun in school today. We'll do the announcement during the day, so if you notice something different..."

We nodded.

Mom wanted to go upstairs when suddenly Luna stopped her. "Mom, are you going to tell the world you two are back together? Are you going to tell everyone about us?"

Mom looked at us. "We're going to tell them everything, because we really want our lives together to finally start. But if you two don't want us to reveal your names, we understand."

Luna looked at me and together, we smiled. I looked at mom. "We'd love everyone to know about our family."

Mom smiled and nodded. "Alright, have fun today." she said and kissed us both before going back upstairs.

I looked at Luna, who was smiling big. "You're happy huh?"

Luna looked at me and nodded, she was really excited. "Finally we're a family again, it's all I ever wanted. I've dreamed so many times about this, you have no idea!"

"I know, I have the same feeling. It does feel really weird to finally have met my birth mom." I said, looking down. It really was a weird thing.

Luna took my hand in hers. "They're both our moms and we're both sisters, alright?"

I nodded and hugged her. "Today will be an interesting day..."

She nodded. "But we have each other and our mates." she said, smiling big. "They'll protect us."

I nodded and stood up. "Let's go."