Chapter 9: Playing around

Luna's POV

Mom looked down. "They killed my mom." she said and cried hard.

Both Gwen and me held on tight to her. I looked at Gwen, wondering what we'd do now. "Mom," Gwen said, taking mom's face in her hands. "It's alright, we're here for you now."

Mom nodded and hugged us both. "I'm so happy to have you two." she said and kissed us both. "That's the only good thing your mother gave me."

I knew mom didn't want to talk about her, but I needed to know, I was too curious. "Mom, how was our mother?"

Gwen looked at me, she wasn't happy I asked that.

Mom sighed deep. "She was the sweetest, nicest, most protective and kind wolf I've ever seen. She was perfect." she said, crying again. "She..."

"Mom, it's fine, you don't have to talk about it." Gwen said.

Mom shook her head no, she wanted to talk about it. She looked down. "She was my mate."

Both Gwen and me gasped. "But she's a wolf and you're a witch, that's illegal." Gwen said.

Mom nodded. "It was't illegal before."

"What happened?" I asked.

Mom looked at me. "After they had killed my mom, my dad got so angry, he literally pushed them out of his castle. Mom gave me all her power, that's why I'm so powerful." she said, sniffling. "After that, the war started. No wolf and witch could be seen together unless they were fighting."

"That's horrible." I said, looking down.

"Yeah, it is." Gwen said, holding my hand.

"Listen, your mother was very kind and sweet and all those things, but she isn't anymore. She's crazy and evil. She only wants to hurt us. That's why we're here and not in the castle, she can't find us." mom said.

"Maybe she just misses us." I said, it was possible, I'd miss my family if I was gone.

"No, she just wants us dead." mom said.

"But why haven't you killed her yet?" Gwen asked, which surprised me, she was still talking about our mother.

Mom got up and paced around a little. "Your mother isn't just any wolf."

"Oh so what if she's a soldier, I'm sure we're more powerful than her." Gwen said.

Mom shook her head. She looked at us. "Your mother is the Alpha."

Both Gwen and me gasped. "Alpha, as in the wolf leader?!" Gwen asked, raising her voice.

Mom nodded.

"Wait does that mean..." she looked at me. "You're going to be the next Alpha!"

I looked at mom. "I-is that true?"

Mom nodded.

I got up as well. "I want to meet her."

"No, we're not going to her, she's dangerous." mom said, hugging me. "Please stay here, I don't want to lose you. I love you, Luna"

I hugged her back. "I love you too, mom."

Gwen hugged us both too. "I love you two."

_________________________________

I was looking at the beautiful city lights, I really loved that sight. It made me relax.

I can't believe I'm going to be the next Alpha. I didn't even know my mom, and I wanted to meet her so badly. But mom said she was dangerous and I always listen to mom.

"Babe, hello?" Suddenly a hand was waving in front of my eyes, getting me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?"

"You're so deep in thoughts?" Dawn said, scooting closer to me.

I took her in my lap and kissed her. "It's nothing."

She looked at me. "Please talk to me."

I looked down. "Mom just told us about our other mother."

Dawn looked at me, she really seemed interested. She wrapped her arms around my neck and made me look at her. "Babe, what's going on?"

I looked at her, I wanted to tell her but I didn't want her to carry this weight on her shoulders like I have to do. "I just want to meet my mom, but mom said not to."

"Why not?"

"Because it's too dangerous."

"Why?"

I looked at her. "Because she's a wolf and my mom and sister aren't."

"They aren't?"

Suddenly my eyes widened, she didn't know. She didn't know my mom and sister were witches.

"What are they then? Humans?"

I gulped.

"Babe?"

I looked down.

"Babe, what's wrong?"

I looked at her, she had to know. "My mom and sister are witches."

Her eyes widened immediately. "W-what?"

I gulped and looked down. "I'm sorry, I should've told you sooner."

She looked away, obviously letting it sink in. "I can't believe I didn't notice..."

"Babe, please forgive me. "

She smiles at me and connected our lips. I loved kissing her, it was the best ever! She pulled back and held my face. "This doesn't change anything. Yes, I don't like it, but they are your family. And so also my family."

I smiled. "Really?"

She nodded. "Of course." she said and changed in her wolf.

I smiled and followed her example. We played around some more. We ran through the forest, we jumped over some obstacles. We also hugged and rolled together. It was a lot of fun.

"Hey you two!"

Both me and Dawn looked up and saw two men in uniform.

Dawn quickly changed back into her human form. "Uhm I'm sorry if we did something bad." she said and looked down.

I changed back as well and stood next to her, holding her hand.

"What are you two doing here this late? Don't you know there's a curfew? And this is witch territory." one of them said.

"Of course we know about the curfew, we just lost track of time, we're sorry. We really didn't mean any harm." Dawn said, looking down. "And we didn't know about this territory being from the witches."

The two men looked at each other and afterwards at us. "You two can come with us." they said and took us with them.

"Why?" I asked as I tried getting free. "Hey, let go!"

"Babe, don't." Dawn said and so I didn't fight anymore.

They brought us to their car and we drove away to wherever they're bringing us. I looked over at Dawn, she seemed really scared, she was shaking. I took off my jacket and gave it to her. She smiled and held it close to herself.

When we finally arrived at the place, I gasped. It was a castle, but not just any castle, it was the wolf castle.