Chapter 5: Talk to me

Luna's POV

The next morning, I woke up with a smile on my face. I was so happy with my girlfriend.

I got up, and went downstairs, not bothering to get out of my pajamas and putting on some clothes. I entered the kitchen and saw mom, cooking some breakfast.

"Good morning, mom." I said as I sat down.

She hummed a little but didn't answer me really. She didn't even look at me...

I sighed deep and felt upset because of that, until I saw Gwen entering the kitchen. I quickly had a big smile on my face, I can't wait to tell her everything about my date. "Hey Gwen."

She sat down but didn't look at me, she didn't even talk to me.

"Gwen?" I asked, waving my hand in front of her face. And yet, she ignored me. I sighed deep, and looked down, feeling really upset.

Mom served us and sat down herself too. After that, we ate in silence, this was weird. We never ate in silence. We always talked and laughed.

"Can someone please tell me what's wrong?" I asked desperate. Again, none of them looked at me. "Come on!" I said and smashed my fist onto the table.

"Luna," mom said, placing her hand on top of mine. "Calm down." she said and finally looked at me.

And now Gwen was looking too, it's as if I could only attract their attention if I was mad.

"I just want you two to talk to me." I said, looking them in the eyes. "What's wrong?"

Gwen looked back down, something was bothering her, and I knew it. Mom looked at Gwen and afterwards at me. "Luna, sweetie, I've been worried about you yesterday because I was scared something might happen." she said to which Gwen looked at us again.

I chuckled a little. "I'm fine, I told you yesterday too, I was fine."

Mom sighed deep. "I know you'd be fine, I was worried for..." she looked down. "For the people around you." she said soft.

I looked at her, not really understanding what she tried saying. "W-what?"

Mom sighed deep and looked back at me, right in my eyes. "Luna, you're a wolf." she finally said it. I sighed in relieve, finally she confirmed it. "I'm sorry I never told you, I'm sorry I never let you be yourself." she said and looked down, squeezing my hand a little.

I smiled at her. "It's alright, mom."

"You're smiling?" Gwen asked and huffed. "Haven't you heard what she said? You're a wolf!"

I looked at Gwen, kinda surprised to hear that tone. "I know, and I knew yesterday too."

Both mom and Gwen's mouth dropped. "H-how did you know?" mom asked.

I looked down, blushing. "Because of Dawn," I said, looking up, mostly at Gwen. "My girlfriend." I said so she'd know. She seemed surprised to know I had a girlfriend.

"How did she know?" mom asked, making me look at her.

"Because she's a wolf too." I said, looking her right in the eyes.

Mom and Gwen gasped. "Luna, you need to stay away from her." Gwen said, sounding very serious.

I shook my head no. "Not going to happen."

"Why not?" mom asked, but she didn't seemed mad, only interested.

"Because she's my girlfriend." I said in a duh tone. "I'm not leaving her."

Gwen sighed deep, burying her face in her hands. "She's a wolf!" she said, emphasizing the word 'wolf'.

"I know." I said and got up.

"Where are you going?" mom asked, getting up too.

I walked to the front door, taking my coat and opening the door. "To my girlfriend, at least she accepts me." I said and left.

______________________________

Gwen's POV

"Luna!" mom shouted after Luna. When Luna wouldn't return, mom came back inside and groaned. "She's so stubborn!" she said as she sat down at the table again.

I shrugged and drank some more.

"You're so quiet." mom said.

I shrugged again.

"Hey," she said, taking my hands in hers. "What's wrong?"

I sighed deep. "It still bothers me to know my own sister is a wolf. How's that even possible? I thought the wolves were our enemies?"

Mom looked down. "They are."

"But?"

"It wasn't always like that." she said as she pulled her hands back. She sighed deep, looking down. "I was married to one before." she said so soft.

"What?!" I asked, standing up. "Who? Was it our father?"

She kept looking down but nodded.

I huffed. "Then why is there a war?"

She looked back at me. "Some things have happened between us and the wolves. Some unforgivable things."

I sat back down and looked at mom, she seemed really upset. "Mom," I said, taking her hands in mine. "What happened?"

Some tears rolled down her cheeks, but she quickly wiped them away. "It's not important." she said and got up. "I'll be at work." she said as she took her coat and left, leaving me all alone at home.

I sighed, what was I supposed to do?

I sat there for awhile until I decided to go for a walk in the park. I took my coat and keys and left. There was a soft breeze but I liked it.

As I arrived at the park, I sat down onto a bench. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the soft breeze against my skin.

"Hey."

I opened my eyes, hearing someone talk nearby. Although I knew it wasn't to me, it was a reflex. But I was surprised to see a girl sitting next to me. I looked at her, wondering why she'd talk to me. "Hey." I said soft.

The girl smiled but didn't say another thing.

I looked around, I felt kinda uncomfortable under her stare.

"So, what's your name?" she suddenly asked.

I looked at her. "Uhm... Not to be rude or something, but I don't know you. Why would I tell you my name?"

The girl chuckled. "If you'd tell me your name, we'd get to know each other." she said, smiling.

I chuckled a little. "Good point. My name's Gwen."

She smiled and nodded. "That suits you. Mine's Robyn."