Chapter 2: Date troubles

Luna's POV

"Well well, Miss Wright, can you explain us all why you think it's necessary to be late to class on your first day?" the teacher asked.

I looked down and shook my head no, I was still confused as to what had happened in the hallway.

"Get to your seat." he ordered and so I went to sit next to Colton, that's when the teacher started his lesson.

Colton looked at me, he must've seen something was bothering me. "Hey Luna, you alright?"

I sighed and shrugged. "I don't know, something happened at my locker."

He looked at me. "What?"

"Some girl." I said and sighed deep. "She insisted we'd go on a date."

He chuckled a little. "So you have a date with a girl, what's wrong with that?"

I shrugged. "I don't know, it's just weird. It feels weird." I said and placed my hand on the place where my heart was located at. "I can feel it here."

"But you don't know the girl."

I nodded. "I know, that's the thing."

"You're so weird sometimes." he said and shook his head a little.

______________________________

When it was time for lunch, Colton and me searched for Gwen and Anson. We knew they'd have a table for us, we just needed to find them.

"Over here!" Anson said and waved at us.

We walked to them and sat down. "So, how were classes so far?" Gwen asked us, but mostly me. She was like a caring big sister. She always thought I was very naive and that I didn't know how to stand for what I wanted.

"It was fine." I said and showed her a fake smile, I was still thinking about what happened with that girl. I don't even know her name...

"Yeah, it was alright." Colton said, taking a bite of his sandwich. "Besides the fact Luna here was acting weird during first period."

I looked at Colton, eyes widened Why did he have to say that to Gwen?

"What happened?" she asked, she sounded worried.

I sighed deep. "Nothing happened."

"Some girl asked her on a date." Colton said, I swear I wanted to rip his mouth of.

Gwen looked at me, the worries turned into a big smirk. "My little sister is going on a date. Oh you've grown so much, haven't you?" she said and pinched my cheek.

I pulled her hands off my face and looked down. "I don't even know the girl."

Suddenly the smile disappeared. "Wait, you're going on a date with a girl you don't even know? Why?"

I sighed deep. "She insisted we did that as a reward for her opening my locker."

Anson and Colton started chuckling but Gwen was looking at me, serious and straight in the eyes. "Show me this girl and I'll go tell her what she can do with that date." she said determined.

"No, it's fine." I said and smiled a little. "She seemed nice."

Gwen looked at me. "You sure? I don't want anyone to force you into anything." she said, holding my hands.

I smiled at her. "I'm very sure."

She smiled back. "Alright, good luck hiding that from mom." she said, releasing my hands and starting to eat.

I buried my face in my hands and sighed deep. How could I have forgotten mom? She's never going to let me leave the house.

"Hey," Gwen said, taking my hands of my face. "Don't worry, I'll help."

I smiled at her. "Really?" I asked to which she nodded. "Thanks."

____________________________

Gwen's POV

I can't believe Luna's going on a date! I'm happy for her though, she deserves it.

All week long, the boys and I teased her with it. She's such an easy target, and that's what's worrying me. I don't know the girl, neither does she. I want to know who's going to take my little sister on a date.

When it was finally Friday evening, Luna was in my room, getting ready. I was helping her with her hair and make up. She looked so cute! Almost too cute to let go...

"So, when's she coming?" I asked her, referring to the girl she's going out with.

Luna looked at her phone. "Any minute now." she said and smiled.

I smiled back and went to sit down onto my bed. "Make sure to enjoy yourself."

She smiled and nodded. "I will." she said and looked around, she seemed to think about something. Suddenly she looked at me. "What are you going to say to mom?"

"Don't worry." I said and stood back up, looking outside my window. "I have everything under control."

Suddenly a car stopped in front of our house. "Is that her?" I asked Luna, pointing towards a girl that was walking towards our front door.

Luna's eyes widened. "Yeah, that's here, but she can't ring the doorbell, mom will see her!"

"Hey!" I shouted to which the girl looked up, that's when she saw us.

"Hey, is my girl ready?" the girl asked, she had some attitude which I really didn't like.

I looked at Luna. "Seriously? She seems really rude."

Luna shrugged. She climbed out of the window, I never understood how she could do that, and walked to her - rude - date.

They walked to the girl's car and before she entered, she waved at me. I smiled and waved back. That's when they left for their date.

_____________________________

Luna was gone for an hour now, I think the date isn't going to last much longer now. I was tense, I had to make sure mom wouldn't find out and thankfully she was busy so I had an easy job so far.

Just as I was relaxing in front of my laptop, mom entered my room. She looked around, as if she was looking for something. "Sweetie, where's Luna?"

I gulped, how I dreaded that question!

"She's uhm..."

"She's what?" mom asked, giving me that look. She was getting suspicious.

"She's with Colton." I said the first thing that came to mind.

Mom's glare disappeared and a smile found it's way. "Oh why didn't you said so?" she asked, smiling and left my room.

I sighed deep and continued relaxing onto my bed with my laptop for a couple of minutes when suddenly mom entered again.

"She isn't with Colton, Gwen!"

"You've called uncle?"

"Of course I did!" she said and paced around. "Where's Luna? It's important that I know."

I don't know why but she seemed really worried about it. "Fine, she's on a... A date."

"A date!" mom said, raising her voice. She immediately called Luna's phone. "She isn't answering me!"

I tried calling Luna too, although I didn't know what was wrong. She didn't answer me either. "Mom, what's wrong?"

She looked at me. "Luna needs to come home."

"Why? She's just on a date."

Mom held my shoulders and looked me deep in the eyes. "She needs to come home."

I nodded and tried calling her again.