Chapter 4: The secret

Gwen's POV

"Have you found her?" mom asked to some soldiers. They shook their heads no, looking down. Mom sighed deep. "We have to find her, I don't know what'll happen to her now."

I slowly walked closer. "Uhm... Mom..."

Mom turned around, looking at me, she seemed really worried. "Yes, Gwen?"

"W-what's going on here? What's wrong with Luna?"

Mom looked at me, and afterwards looked down, sighing deep. "She's different, sweetie."

"How different?"

Mom looked at the soldiers. "Go look around some more." she said to them and so they left. Mom closed the door and looked at me. She took me with her to the couch in the living room and we both sat down.

She sighed and looked in my eyes. "Gwen, Luna's always been different. I'm sure you've noticed that."

I slowly nodded. "I guess so. You always treat her different."

She nodded. "Because I had to make sure she'd stay fine."

I tilted my head to the side. "Stay fine? What do you mean?"

She sighed deep, burying her face in her hands. "Luna's a wolf." she said so soft. If I hadn't come closer to her, I wouldn't have heard it.

"A wolf!" I shouted, standing up.

Mom kept looking down, she clearly felt bad for not telling me my own sister was a wolf! A wolf! I can't believe this.

Mom started crying.

And so did I. "How could you not have told me?! Does she knows?!"

Mom shook her head no.

I huffed. "We were always taught wolves were bad!" I said and sniffled. "Does that mean my own sister is bad?"

Mom looked up at me, tears in her eyes. "Of course not!" she said, defending Luna. Thank God she does that, at least she cares! "Sweetie," she said, caressing my face. "Luna is a good person, a really good person. And her being a wolf doesn't change that."

I huffed. "That's very hypocritical, isn't it?" I said, wiping away my tears. "Just because she's family of us shouldn't change your opinion on wolves."

She looked down. "We just need to find her, it's really important."

I shook my head no. "No, I'm going to bed." I said and walked upstairs.

"Gwen, come on, we have to find her!"

"I don't care about wolves!" I said and smashed my door close, I even locked it so mom would enter. I went to lie down onto my bed and cried. I can't believe this is happening!

__________________________

Luna's POV

After lying together for awhile, Dawn had to take me back home. During the ride she held my hand, sometimes she even squeezed it. I'd smile at her so she'd know I liked her doing that.

When we arrived at my house, she stopped the engine and turned to look at me.

I looked at her too. "I had a good time."

She nodded and smiled, her eye sparkling. "So did I, and my wolf."

I smiled and looked down, blushing. "M-my wolf d-did too."

She took my chin and made me look at her. She smiled, I could see the love in her eyes. I can't believe she's my mate... I just met her a few days ago...

"I'll call you tomorrow."

I nodded and smiled. I couldn't help but look at her lips, I wanted to kiss her again. But I was too shy to start this.

She seemed to notice my stare because she started smirking. "Do you want to kiss me, babe?"

I nodded.

She wrapped her arms around me to which I wrapped mine around her neck. She leaned in but stopped right in front of my lips. "If you want to, kiss me."

I gulped. Alright, I can do this!, I thought. I closed my eyes and leaned in, connecting our lips.

We kissed for a while until she pulled away. She smiled at me. "I'll call you."

I nodded. "Alright, bye."

"Bye babe."

After that, I closed the car door and she drove away. I smiled while I walked to the front door. I searched for my key, and when I found it, I entered the house.

"Luna, thank God!" mom said as she pulled me in for a tight hug.

"Hey mom." I said worried, how did she know I was out? I thought Gwen was going to make sure she didn't.

Mom let go of me and looked at me. She caressed my face, she seemed to search for something. "Are you alright? Are you hurt? Did something happen?" she asked very fast.

"Mom, I'm fine." I said as I walked past her, going upstairs.

"Where were you? I called you several times." mom said as she followed me into my room. "So did Gwen."

I looked at her. "I'm fine, mom. I was on a date."

"With who? Why have I never met anyone?" she asked, crossing her arms.

I looked down and sighed. "Because we weren't together. I met her a few days ago and she wanted a date with me, and so she got it." I said as I got out of my dress.

She closed the door and went to sit down onto my bed. "This girl, what do you know about her?"

I looked away from her and got dressed into pajamas. "Her name's Dawn, she's 17. She's beautiful, amazing, sweet, nice... She's perfect."

"Sounds to me that this girl isn't just any girl."

I blushed. I turned around and looked at her. "She's my girlfriend now."

Mom stood up and walked to me. She caressed my face and smiled at me. "You really like her, don't you?"

I nodded. "I do." I said and smiled.

She smiled too. "I'm happy for you, but I do want to meet her."

I nodded. "That's fine, I'll tell her."

Mom smiled and kissed my forehead. "I'm proud of you."

I kept looking at her, should I tell her what I know? She should know I'm a wolf, that means our father was a wolf... I want to learn so much about him now. "Uhm... Mom... C-can I ask you something?"

She looked at me and nodded.

I gulped. How was I supposed to ask that? I thought and thought and couldn't come up with a way to ask this the good way. I decided to ask it indirectly. "H-how was our father?"

Mom's smile faded and she let go of my face. "T-that doesn't matter." she said and walked to the door. "Go to bed now, good night sweetie." she said and left, closing the door.

I sighed deep, but decided to let it go for now. I was exhausted of this day. I went to lie down and closed my eyes.