Chapter 26: Everything's ok

Hazel's POV

"Hazel?"

I kept crying and crying.

"Baby, listen to me."

I cried and cried, I couldn't stop, even if I wanted to.

Fay made me look at her. "Baby, listen."

I looked her in the eyes, seeing how worried she was. She must feel my pain, she must, because our hearts are joined together or something like that. I mean I felt her emotions, feelings and body reactions, she must feel mine.

"I'm so sorry." She said soft. I heard her voice breaking, she was about to cry as well. I wonder if she's crying because of me or because of her actions... "This is all my fault."

I sniffled and shook my head no. "It's not."

"It is." She caressed my face, wiping away the tears. "If I wasn't so stupid..." She looked down. "I've made so many mistakes... I feel like I can never make up for them. I can't make up for them because it has cost you both your parents." She looked back at me, tears in her eyes. "How could you forgive me?"

I sniffled and caressed her face. "Because I love you. And I can't and won't live without you any longer. It's been so lonely, so... I missed love, I missed you."

She wrapped her arms around my waist before pulling me in for a tight hug. "I love you so much, you make me the luckiest woman on Earth. I hope I can make you feel loved enough."

I smiled and hugged her back. Hearing her words were music to my ears, but feeling the real emotions, real feelings behind each word... It was so special. And it felt like we had a real connection.

I looked up at her. "Losing my dad is terrible, and I knew I'd feel even more lonely, more empty. But," I said, smiling a little. "I didn't know you'd be back, bringing love to me, bringing life to me."

Fay smiled at me. "I love you so much." She kissed me deeply, taking her time to devour my lips with hers. It's as if she wanted me to feel her love, and I could, because of the kiss but also because of the connection we had now. Slowly, she pulled back, resting her forehead against mine. "Let's go to your dad, ok?"

I nodded and sighed, I was ready for this.

_____________________________

I'm ready... I'm ready... I'm ready...

This is what I kept saying in my head, over and over, while walking to my dad's resting room. They had put him in a special room, in the entire other side of the castle. Since we were moving in...

All the while over there, Fay never released my hand, she really wanted me to feel loved and wanted.

We soon arrived at the room and were greeted by soldiers, who at first also didn't really know how to react to Fay's presence.

"It's ok." I told them as I opened the door. I entered and immediately took in a deep breath. Seeing my dad lying there, dead... It did something to me. I mean it's very confronting, it's also like the real proof that he's really gone.

Fay held me from behind. "It's ok, I'm here." She whispered, kissing my head. "You're not alone."

I held her arms, holding her close. "Thank you." I sighed and slowly walked closer. Fay followed me to my dad's side. We both were looking at him.

"I'm sorry, Sir." Fay suddenly said, making me look up at her. "I never meant to cause this drama on your family." She looked down, sighing. "I hate how things went, it never should've went like this... We were supposed to live in peace, in happiness. I can't believe it's so hard to achieve that." She kept looking down but didn't really say much else. I took this as my cue to talk.

"Daddy..." I took his hand in mine. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for not visiting you more often, I'm sorry for this, I'm sorry you were hurting all these years... This isn't how it should've been. You and mom are the two most strongest people I know. And I will try to become a great leader as you two were."

"You already are a great leader, Hazel."

I looked up, at Fay. "You really think so?"

She nodded, smiling a little. "The best."

I looked down, blushing. "Thanks."

"You're welcome."

I smiled until I remembered... I took dad's hands, and started concentrating on his energy, his powers. When I felt them, I opened my eyes and looked at Fay. "Step back."

She nodded and did so but kept on looking at this closely.

I started taking his power, his energy, like I got mom's power. He was very powerful but, like I already knew, mom was stronger.

"A-are you o-ok?"

I opened my eyes, looking at Fay and nodded. "Just a little bit more."

She gulped and nodded. She seemed scared somehow. I mean I can't blame her, she didn't really see this before... Sure with mom, but she was in the corner somewhere.

After a while I pulled back and saw dad's body fell down, all it's energy was out of it. I looked down, sighing. It was really over...

"I-is it d-done?"

I nodded and looked up at her. "Yeah." I looked at dad for a brief moment before looking back at her. "Come on, we have some hard times in front of us."

Fay nodded and took my hand in hers. "But together, we can do anything."

I smiled, and together we walked out of the room. We walked to our daughters, delivering this very hard and very sad news to them.

I hope they'll be ok, I mean a lot has happened today... But, looking at Fay who was walking right beside me, I knew everything was going to be ok.