❌✖Chapter 9✖❌

James's POV:

I woke up with a bad headache and somebody pulling on my sweater sleeve. I slowly opened my eyes and reached for my glasses on the bedside table. When I put them on my eyes adjusted on Alice looking up at me with her big green eyes.

"Good morning Alice." I said and sat up, pulling her up onto my lap. She kissed my cheek and smiled a big smile.

"Good morning James." She said quietly and cuddled into my chest. I heard Susan awe at the doorway.

"I hope you slept well. You should probably get ready if you want to get clothes. Mikey is already eating breakfast." I nodded and hugged Alice one more time before getting up.

I walked to the bathroom down the hall and locked the door behind me, before getting undressed. I got into the shower, and for the first time in a long time was able to enjoy the warm water.

I showered quickly, not wanting to make somebody mad. I carefully dried myself off and then got dressed. I left my hair slightly curly and walked down to the kitchen.

"Ready to go?" I heard Mikey ask with a smile on his face. I nodded my head and Alice came over and I picked her up. "Do you want to go Alice?" Mikey asked. She nodded and we started walking out to the car.

I put Alice in her carseat and then got in the passenger side. Mikey tried to make conversation but I gave him some short answers.

He finally gave up and turned on the radio. Some annoying and overplayed song came on and he quickly changed it. I immediately recognized my favorite bands voice. Adam's Song by Blink-182. I started tapping along to the song and kept myself from singing the entire way to the mall.

Mikey pulled into a spot near the entrance. The mall was surprisingly empty on a Sunday. I got Alice out of the backseat and she held my hand as we walked into the large mall. The last time I was here was about 4 years ago and it has definitely improved.

He brought me into a nice but cheap store and I walked over to the sweaters. I picked out about 8 sweaters and 4 pairs of jeans. I walked up to the counter where Mikey was standing with his mom's credit card. He had a short conversation that I tuned out of and picked up Alice.

Mikey looked concerned. I wasn't sure why until I looked and saw that Alice was tracing her small hand on one of the large gashes that still hasn't healed much.

I remember it so clearly. It was from my dad's belt and it reached from the middle of my chest to the top of my collarbone. I quickly pulled the top of my hoodie up higher to cover it up and then I started walking out of the mall and Mikey followed.

We got to his car and everybody was still quiet as he started the car. The car ride was quiet and long. I need my blades.

"Hey is there anyway we can stop by my house? I have to get some stuff. My dad isn't home, he has business trips on weekends." He was resistant but he soon gave in. When we got to my house I was relieved to see that my dad's car wasn't here.

I thanked Mikey and walked into my 'house'. I went into my room and grabbed a suitcase from under my bed. I started filling it up with my clothes and some personal items. I went to my bathroom and got my blades and pain reliever.

I slung my backpack over my shoulder and zipped up my suitcase. I almost opened my door but I heard a large slam coming from downstairs and footsteps coming up the stairs coming toward my door. I quickly locked it and opened my window.

"I know you're in there you little faggot!" My dad yelled while trying to get in my room. I quickly threw out my suitcase and backpack. I almost got out myself but my dad got to me first and flung me back inside the house. I yelped as I landed hard on my back.