✖️❌Chapter 21❌✖️

I woke up on a couch and was about to get up when I heard people talking in the kitchen.

"I don't know. Okay I really like Mikey and he doesn't seem like a jerk. Sure he may move a bit fast, but that's okay. I don't think that he could hurt anybody." I heard Alex say and felt my chest tighten up. Mikey and Alex are together? Of course the two people that I like are dating each other. But then again I don't deserve anybody. And anyone would suffer if they had to deal with me. I slowly sat up while listening to Alex and Adelaide argue. I put on my cast and grabbed my crutches so that I could stand. "He's a really good kisser too." I swallowed hard hearing this and walked into the kitchen.

"He shattered James's heart. And I really don't want him to do the same to you." Neither of them seemed to notice me, but my sniffle seemed to catch Adelaide's attention. "James I'm so sorry I didn't want you to have to know." She said and hugged me.

"It's okay. He's a really great guy, he deserved better anyway and now he has it. I deserve to get hurt that's just my life." I said quietly and Alex was looking at me sadly.

"You're perfect James and you don't deserve to get hurt." Adelaide said and hugged me again.

"Then why does everyone hurt me?" I asked sadly trying to hold in the tears. "Never mind. I need to get to school." I said and walked out of the kitchen and grabbed my clothes and went to the bathroom. I just couldn't hold it back anymore and I slid down the wall.  I buried my face in my knees and just let my tears run down my face. I couldn't stop thinking about when Mikey would hit me. It never hurt this bad.

"James, are you okay in there? Can I come in?" I heard Adelaide say outside of the door. I leaned up to unlock the door and she came in. "I'm so sorry." She mumbled and pulled me into her and I cried on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry James. If you want, I could break up with him." Alex said. I shook my head, not wanting to ruin a relationship.

"Alex, could you please leave us alone for a few minutes." Adelaide said well rubbing my back. I could hear him walking away and was really happy about it. "Has he been hurting you? Like physically?" She asked.

"No but the emotional abuse is worse then anything he has done." I said and she tensed up.

"Did he ever hit you?" She asked surprised. I nodded and she pulled me closer. "I'm sorry." She mumbled and kissed my head. "Do you want to go to school or should we just skip and stay here?"

"I don't want to make you skip. I might just go home." I flinched at the word and Adelaide noticed.

"Is your dad hurting you again?" She asked and I nodded. "Okay you can stay here for as long as you want and we aren't going to school today. Now let's get up and spend the day." She said happily, obviously trying to make me forget about everything. I nodded and stood up.

"Can we go by my house to get my pain pills?" I asked quietly not wanting to bother her.

"Yeah I'm sorry. That is probably killing you isn't it?" She asked and kind of laughed.

"Yeah a little bit." I said back and pulled myself off of the ground. We both walked out and Alex was sitting on one of the barstools.

"Okay we're going to drop you off at school." Adelaide said to him and he grabbed his backpack.

"Are you guys going?" He asked confused.

"No. I'm taking James out to the town to get his head straight." She said and us and all four dogs walked out to the car. I sat in the back with the dogs except Duke who was in the back of the large black car. Juliet was laying across my lap well all of the other dogs had there heads out the window. We stopped at my house first and I got out of the car and winced when I saw my dads car in the driveway. Shit. I walked inside and went to the kitchen and saw my 'dad' grabbing a beer from the fridge.