✖️❌Chapter 25❌✖️

James's POV:

I woke up with a pain my body and my head against Alex's bare chest. He was obviously awake and his hands were dragging up and down my bare back. It gave me goosebumps and I felt his chest steadily rising and falling.

"Good morning." Alex's raspy British accent made my stomach fill with butterflies. He lightly kissed my forehead and I blushed.

"Good morning." I mumbled and pulled myself closer to him. We didn't move for about a half an hour we just laid there and talked about random things.

"Okay we should get up." He mumbled and kissed my forehead and I pulled away from him. I sat up and saw myself in the mirror that was hanging on Alex's wall. I saw all of my new bruises and old scars. "You're beautiful." Alex mumbled and wrapped his arms around my waist. His lips softly pressed against the back of my neck and I leaned into him. "You're so cold." He mumbled and I shivered. "It's because you're so thin. Speaking of, you have an appointment today."

I nodded and laid back down on the bed with Alex pressed against my back and his arms around my waist. "I don't want to go back there." I mumbled and he kissed the back of my head.

"I'm sorry but you have too. We should probably get going too." He said and pulled away from me. We got out of bed and I got dressed in a black sweatshirt and grey skinny jeans. Alex helped me put on my cast and he helped me out to the car. We got there just in time for my appointment and we were both led into the exam room. Alex helped me into the hospital gown and the doctor walked in afterwards.

"Okay let me take a look at your leg. He led me to the x-Ray table and took my x-Ray. I went back onto the exam bed and Alex held my hand. "Wow your leg is healing much quicker then I expected. Have you been eating?" He asked and I nodded. He told me to stand in the scale and I did. I closed my eyes not wanting to see it. "James, open your eyes." I listened and looked down to see 88.4 lbs and I wanted to cry. "Alex would you mind stepping on the scale. I stepped off and Alex stepped on. 150.7 lbs. "Alex is technically 16 pounds underweight for his height of 6'1. You're 5'6 and 88 pounds and you're 35 lbs underweight." He said and Alex smiled at me.

"Babe, you're so skinny. You need to eat." Alex said and pulled me into his chest. I pulled away after a second and looked back at the doctor.

"James, you've been making some amazing progress and I'm so glad that you met someone new. Your leg is pretty good and I don't think you need the cast anymore. You are good to go and keep eating." He smiled and left the room. Alex helped me up and into my normal clothes. We walked out of the hospital and got into his car. We made small talk and our hands were knotted together on my thigh. After a while I realized that we weren't headed back to the house.

"Where are we going?" I asked and he smirked. I couldn't help but get nervous. He reassuringly squeezed my hand and I relaxed a bit.

"I know that you're stressed out about finals and I want to take some of that stress off of you and it'd the last week of school." He rambled and I have no idea where we were going. We drove into the mountains. I felt relaxed and we listened to some soft music. "James, when is your birthday?" This made me smile. Nobody has cared enough to ask me that.

"May 20th" I mumbled. He smiled widely.

"That's this Wednesday. James why didn't you tell me?" He asked and squeezed my hand. "What do you want to do for your birthday?" He asked and I shrugged. The car fell quiet but I could tell that he was planning and it honestly scared me. I listened to the soft music well we drove through the mountains. We pulled into a look out area and we got out of the car. Alex grabbed a blanket and a picnic basket out of the back and I laughed. He laid it down and we both sat on it.