❌✖️Chapter 20✖️❌

James's POV (1 month later):

It's been a month since Jason raped me and Mikey is pissed. I haven't even talked to him and avoid him at all costs. I just don't want him to be disappointed or disgusted with me like I am. My state of mind is getting much worse. Ever since Charlie left my dad, he's gone back to his old ways Just not as bad. It's 4 am and I haven't slept. Juliet is starting to get bigger and soon my twin bed might be too small for both my fat ass and the small puppy.

I slowly sat up on the bed and looked down at my leg. The cuts are almost completely healed but it's still bruised badly. I grabbed my crutches and made my way to the shower.

I turned on the water and got in. I took my time in the shower to calm myself down and leaned my forehead on the cool tiles. I'm so stupid. None of this would've happened if I didn't fall for Mikey. I lost everything because I'm an idiot. And now Mikey hates me almost as much as I hate myself. I felt the tears well up in my eyes and didn't even try holding them in. I mess everything up and I don't deserve anything to go right in my life.

I pulled myself out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist. I grabbed my crutches and walked to my wardrobe I grabbed a loose black long sleeve shirt and a pair of grey sweatpants I put on a black beanie, not wanting to deal with my hair. I laid back down on my bed and Juliet laid down on my chest while looking into my eyes. I fell asleep to the small breathing noises coming from Juliet.

(2 hours later)

I woke up to my dad yelling from downstairs. I got out of bed and put on my cast and then grabbed my bag before going downstairs. I let Juliet out and then walked into the living room to see my dad spread out on the couch. I walked out of the door and locked it behind me. I turned to see that it was raining pretty hard but I didn't want to risk going back inside. On my way to school I watched Mikey drive past, blasting music with a car full of people. He's already replaced me. I don't blame him, I would have done the same. I got to the school and walked to my locker. and all the notes fell out. I sighed and just left them, not bothering to pick them up, knowing exactly what all of them said.

I grabbed my books and stuffed them into my bag. I saw a new kid and he weakly smiled at me. I smiled back and I couldn't ignore the little blush on his face. I walked to my class and pulled out the book Thirteen Reasons Why and immediately got lost in the sad book.

"James?" I heard Adelaide say quietly from above me. I looked up and saw her pretty blue eyes. "Has anybody been hurting you?" I shook my head and Adelaide looked at me almost forcing me to tell the truth.

"I'm fine, It's not bad." I mumbled. She looked down at me sadly and I looked away.

"James, you promised me that you'd tell me if anybody was hurting you." She said softly and rested her hand on my shoulder. "Bad timing, but this weird stalker kid is my brother. He just came here from England. Alex, this is James. James, this is Alex." She said. He smiled at me and I weakly smiled back.

"Hey. It's really nice to meet you." He said and I smiled at him. The bell interrupted our 'conversation' and he pulled out his schedule

"Don't bother Alex. I made sure that we had the same schedule." Adelaide smiled. "We are in the right class." Adelaide said. The English teacher called Alex to his desk and I started reading again. I was interrupted by Mikey and Alex walking to Mikeys seat.

I watched them talk and Mikey whisper in his ear and Alex blush. I couldn't hold in my tears anymore and I just let it go while I hid behind my book. Adelaide tried to calm me down but it wasn't working. I tried to let it go but I couldn't. The bell rang and I was so shaky that I couldn't hold myself up. I finally grabbed my crutches and made my way to the door to see Mikey and Alex holding hands.