✖️❌Chapter 23❌✖️

James's POV:

I woke up to a sleeping Alex and I couldn't help but smile at him. His hands lightly gripped my hips and pulled me closer to him. I wanted to go back to sleep, but I also need to go to school. I tried to pull away from him, but he wouldn't let me. I looked up to see the big clock on the wall. It's 12:43 pm. Crap crap crap crap.

"We need to go to school." I said quietly to him. He opened one eye and smirked at me.

"Hun it's Saturday. Keep me warm. It's cold in here." He said in his thick raspy British accent with a laugh. I relaxed in his arms and he kissed the top of my head. "We didn't fall asleep until 4 am so we deserve sleep." I laughed quietly. I usually don't sleep so I'm used to it.

"Let's go to the zoo!!! It's a free day. Let's go to the zoo!!" Adelaide yelled and jumped up onto the couch and started to tickle Alex. He lost his balance on the couch and fell off and duke just laid down next to me.

"I have to go my house and get clothes." I said quietly and they both looked at me. "It's okay. My dad isn't home on the weekends and if he is, you guys can come in with me." I said with a weak smile. They both seemed to like the idea so we got into the car and drove to my house. I was confused to see Charlie's car driving away from the house. I got out of the car and Alex helped me into the house and up the stairs to my room. I saw a small pastel pink envelope on my bed. I opened it up and sat down on my bed.

Hey James, I'm really sorry for leaving you with him. When I saw him hit you, it scared me. I don't want him to hurt my kids. I'm so sorry. If you need anything I'm always here for you.
Love Charlie

(Flashback)

"James come down here and help with dishes." I slowly pulled myself off my bed and limped down the stairs. I saw my dad pouring two glasses of wine. So much for being sober. I opened up the dishwasher and started cleaning it out. "Thanks." My dad slurred.

"How much have you been drinking?" I asked and took a risk by placing my hand on his shoulder. He hit my hand off of him and then slapped me across the face.

"Only two cups. I'm fine. Mind your own business." He slurred again and then looked over to see Charlie standing there with her hands over her mouth and tears running down here face

(End of Flashback)

I put down the letter and Alex picked it up and I watched his emotions change while he read it. I stood up and walked to my dresser to grab some clothes. I felt a hand on the small of my back and Alex looked at me sadly.

"Im so sorry James." He said and I shrugged and continued packing. When I was done, Alex was looking at all of my books. "Do you like books. He said motioning to the huge book shelf packed full with books and the pile that wouldn't fit.

"Yeah I guess." I said and he helped me with my bags. "I'm gonna change. Can you give me a second?" I asked and he walked out of my bedroom and shut the door. I stripped out of my clothes and cast and put on a pair of black skinny jeans and a light grey sweater. I grabbed my blade and put it in my wallet and put on my cast. I opened the door to see Alex standing against the wall and he smiled when he saw me.

"Wow you look cute." We both blushed and he apologized. He grabbed my two bags and we walked out to the car. I got into the passenger seat because Alex wanted to sleep. We started driving to the zoo. After an hour and a half of driving we finally got there and Alex fell asleep.

"Okay, he's asleep." She said and turned to me. "Do you like Alex?" She asked and I kind of got scared. "Please tell me." She begged.