✖️❌Chapter 19❌✖️

James's POV:

I woke up with ache in my entire body, especially in my leg. My mind wandered to what happened to me yesterday and I started crying. I just don't know what to do. I managed to get myself out of bed and grabbed my crutches. I put on a pair of sweatpants and a large sweatshirt. I only put on one shoe and grabbed my backpack and walked downstairs.

"Oh James! What happened to you?!" Charlie asked and ran up to me. I shrugged and she made me sit on the couch. "Can I see it?" She pulled up my loose pant leg and gasped at the sight. "I'm going to make a doctors appointment. Do you still want to go to school?" I nodded my head and got off the couch and got comfortable on the crutches. "You should eat before you go. I grabbed a breakfast bar and started my walk to school. Mikey's car pulled up on the side of me but I just kept walking.

"James! Are you okay?" Mikey asked and lightly grabbed my shoulder and I flinched. "What happened?" I shrugged and continued walking. "At least let me drive you to school." I stopped and Mikey helped me into the car. "Please tell me what happened." Mikey asked and moved his hand so that it was laying on my lower thigh. I jumped and Jason touching me came into my mind.

"Please stop." I begged and Mikey lifted his hand. "I'm sorry." I mumbled. 

"What happened baby?" Mikey asked and made me cringe at the name. "Please tell me." He asked. I stayed silent and Mikey seemed to get irritated. He continued asking me and I stayed silent until we got to the school. I got out of the car and grabbed my crutches. I walked into the school and people stared and laughed at me. Some people even looked sad for me. That's the first. I went straight into my English room and sat down and winched at the pain. Why me? What did I do to deserve this? Everything. The bell rang and Adelaide sat down next to me. She looked at me sympathetically but didn't say anything. I didn't get any beatings all day and I was very grateful for it. I walked home and Charlie was waiting for me.

"Are you ready to go?" She asked and I nodded. She helped me into her car and we started driving to the hospital. Charlie found a spot to park and then she helped me get out of the car. We walked into the hospital and my favorite nurse from the last time I was here ran up to me and hugged me.

"I love you but I never want to have to see you here again." She mumbled into my hair. "What happened this time?" She asked, pulling away from me. I just shook my head not wanting to talk. Charlie got me signed in and we were sitting in the waiting room. I couldn't stop shaking not wanting to have to talk.

"James Keaton. The doctor will see you now. I stood up and winced at the pain. I made my way to the room and the doctor told me to sit down. I did what he asked and winced.

"What happened this time, son?" He asked and I stayed silent. "Okay I need you to step on the scale and then I'll check you out." I got up and moved to the scale and took a big breath before I stepped on. "You haven't been eating have you? James, you need to eat. You are losing weight and you're getting weaker." He said sadly.

"Sorry." I mumbled quietly. I looked down to see 72.3 pounds. I need to be skinny if I want to be loved. I stepped off of the scale and sat back down.

"I'm going to have to look at your leg so I need to get you into the hospital gown or if you want you can change into the hospital gown by yourself." He said and I went into the little bathroom that is attached. I put on the gown and walked out it pain.

"Are you okay?" I nodded and sat back down. The doctor looked at my leg and gasped. "This is really bad James. I'm going to have to take x-rays." We walked out of the room and into a dark room with a full body x-Ray table. I laid down and the doctor took the photos and he showed me the 3 different breaks in my leg.