❌✖️Chapter 28✖️❌

James's POV:

I woke up with my back pressed against Alex's chest and his hand gently resting on my waist. I felt my heart skip a beat, feeling him move around and I laid there for an hour just feeling him against me and hearing him sleep. His nose nuzzled into the back of my neck and I shivered.

"Happy birthday baby." He mumbled and softly kissed the back of my neck. "I love you." He said and I tilted my neck so he could get to it better.

"I love you too." I mumbled quietly. I flipped over so that I was facing him and kissed him softly.

"We don't have plans until 1, so what do you want to do until then?" He asked and kissed me again. "I'll make breakfast. Anything you want." He said sweetly and lightly ran his index finger on my jaw.

"You decide." I said and pecked his lips softly. I hid my face in his chest and he played with my hair.

"Pancakes?" He whispered quietly against my ear and it made me shiver. I nodded against his chest and pulled away to kiss him quickly, before getting up. Alex grabbed my hips softly. "You take a shower and I'll make breakfast." I kissed him and grabbed a towel before walking into the bathroom. I striped out of my clothes and started the shower.  I glanced at the mirror in front of me and for the first time, I smiled. For the first time in 13 years, I'm free, and I'm happy.

I got into the shower quickly and washed my body wincing at the burning feeling from the cuts. I washed my hair and couldn't help but smile at the smell of Alex's body wash. I hurried up and wrapped a towel around my waist and walked out.

I walked into Alex's room and put on a pair of black jeans and a white knitted sweater. When I went into the kitchen I saw Alex putting the pancakes together and I laughed at him.

"Babe! I missed you. I'm a terrible cook, I hope that these are good." He said sweetly and put one on a plate and handed it to me.

"Thank you! This is great." I said quietly. And took the plate and fork. We went out on the little balcony and sat down at the two person table. "So what are we doing today?" I asked after taking my first bite and struggled to swallow it.

"Let's just say you need to dress warm and pack a bag." He said with a smirk. I giggled quietly and ate about half of the pancake before I felt like throwing up. "I'm so proud of my birthday boy." He said jokingly and I blushed. I waited for him to eat his stack of pancakes and we put our dishes in the sink.

"You go pack, I'm going to go get some stuff ready." He said kissing my nose. I nodded and packed a small overnight bag. I felt a pair of large hands on my waist and jumped. "Babe, it's okay. It's just me." He said and kissed the back of my head. "Are you ready to go?" He asked sliding his warm hand under my shirt and lightly rubbing my waist.

"Yeah, can you please tell me where we're going?" I asked and he shook his head, leading me into the living room. Juliet was sitting there panting with her leash on. "We're taking Juliet?" I asked and she stood up wagging her tail happily.

"Of course. It can't be your birthday without your dog!" He said happily and grabbed her leash. We walked out to the car and I noticed all of the back seats were out and a Duffy bed made out of blankets and pillows covered the entire back. "Surprise!" He yelled and I laughed at him. We got into the car and Juliet laid on the bed in the back.

"What are we doing?" I asked when he pulled into a Walgreens.

"We're getting snacks for the drive and night." He said and we got out. He started filling a basket full of snacks and drinks. "Pick out anything you want James." He said sweetly and grabbed my hand. I grabbed some healthy snacks and water and he looked at me with a weak smile.