❌✖️Chapter 22✖️❌

James's POV:

I woke up with my head against Alex's chest and his arms wrapped around my waist. I needed to move, but I didn't want to. He was so warm and I could hear his heart beat. Click. I looked over Alex's shoulder and saw Adelaide with a smile on her face. I freaked out and tried to pull myself away from him, but he kept holding my waist and pulling me closer.

"Please don't go." Alex mumbled into my hair and I relaxed. "You're comfy." He said in a raspy voice.

"You both need to get up. We have to go to school." Adelaide said with a laugh. "You guys can spoon later." She said with a smirk. Alex unwrapped his arms from my waist and practically rolled off of the couch. I sat up first and winced at the pain in my leg and grabbed my pills from my back pack. I took two and put on my cast.

I grabbed my bag and changed into black sweatpants and a light grey hoodie. I walked out of the bathroom to see Alex and Adelaide eating breakfast.

"Do you want some food before we go?" Adelaide asked sweetly and I shook my head. I have to loose weight if I want someone to love me.

"Okay then we should go soon." Alex said and put his clean plate in the sink and went to his room to grab his backpack.

"Why won't you eat?" Adelaide asked, scraping her food into the trash (sorry, I know I shouldn't write myself into the story but I just had too ;)) I shrugged and Alex walked and we all got into the car. We drove to the school and got out. Alex and Adelaide went to go talk to their friend and I walked into the school alone. I went to my locker and put the right books into my bag and then shut it. I turned around to see Mikey angrily walking over to me and I knew that no matter what, I couldn't run, so I just stood there.

Flashback:

I just got to my room after a particularly bad beating from my father. My body was aching  and I just wanted to lay down. Juliet jumped up on the bed next to me and I grabbed my phone to look at the texts that I haven't been responding to. I first opened Mikey's and he's pissed at me. He wants me to tell him what Jason did to me but it's just so hard. A text popped up on the screen from Mikey.

'You know what, fuck you. I wanted to help but you just sit there and feel sorry for yourself. I don't even want to look at you anymore. Suck it up and maybe we can talk again.' I felt my tears falling down my face and wanted to cut so bad but I couldn't even move. I just cried until I ran out of tears and fell asleep.

End Of Flashback:

He slammed me into the locker a my crutches fell to the floor.

"You made Alex brake up with me didn't you. We were happy, and you just ruined our relationship. You selfish little whore!" He yelled and punched me in the jaw. He watched me fall to the ground and I yelped when my leg slammed on the ground. He kicked me multiple times in the stomach.

"Get away from him!" I heard Adelaide yell and Mikey just laughed and continued hitting me.

"I will kill you I swear." He said and with one last hit to my head, I fell unconscious.

7 HOURS LATER

I woke up on Adelaide's couch and couldn't move my body. Am I dead? They say you can't feel pain when you're dead, but pain is all I feel. I was able to sit up and I looked around to see it empty, except for the dogs laying on the floor. I reached for my bag and grabbed my pain pills and took two then laid back down.

3 HOURS LATER

"Are you awake?" I heard Alex's voice and I opened my eyes. A big smile appeared on his face and he hugged me softly. I hugged back and sat up. "How are you sitting up? You just got the life beaten out of you." He said surprised.