BONUS CHAPPY: Nightmares and Songs

J: *rolling around in his bed, his legs twitching ever so slightly. He dreams deeply as he manages to tangle himself up in his bedsheets. He murmurs discombobulated words, and occasionally jumps. He sweats, his skin becoming clammy and sensitive. Anything could set him off. He's dreaming of war once again..*
J: He takes deep breathes and one of his hands go to his previously injured shoulder. He's dreaming of being shot again, only this time, no one is there to save him from bleeding out. He screams in agony, wanting nothing more than for the pain to end.*
J: *he thrashes about in bed, the bed itself creaking and banging up against the wall.*
S: *hears the screams and bangs and runs quickly into John's room and doesn't hesitate to hold john in his arms, in an attempt to calm him down. Thinking: what should I do?*
J: *feeling something holding him down, john panics even more in fear and in pain*
S: *whispering in John's ear, trying to keep the panic out of his voice* john, calm down. You're ok. You're ok... Shhh....
J: *in his dream he hears whispers, but they don't sound like anything he knows* dear god...! Stay Away!! *he yells in a hoarse voice* help!! Please!! *he breathes heavily* SHERLOCK!!!
S: I'm right here! I'm right here john!
J: help..! *sobbing* he- *he chokes mid sob* Sherlock!! Please!! *he grabs at the sheets and twists them in his hands*
S: *freaking out he hold the doctor closed to his chest and decides to start singing softly* I heard there was a secret cord, that david played and it pleased the lord, but you don't really care for music do ya...
J: *in his dream, the whispers have died and a tune is the replacement. He can't quiet hear the words, but the song itself sounds familiar. His grip on the sheets remain, and his heart still pounds away in fear, but he forces himself to listen closer to the song. The pain in his shoulder is dulling, his mind elsewhere... the song continues softly in the distance*
S: *shut his eyes hoping it will work* well it goes like this the fourth the fifth, the minor fall and the major lift. That baffled king composing hallelujah
S: hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, halleluuuujah
J: *his face twists in confusion, trying to recall who and what the voice is singing. his grip loosens and his heart pounds a little slower. The pace its keeping is starting to make his chest hurt, but once again his mind is focused on the song. The voice.... sounds familiar.*
S: well your faith was strong but you needed proof. You saw her bathing on the roof. Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew ya.
J: *His muscles aching from him tensing for so long, he finally forced himself to wakeup. Yet, at the same time he didn't want to leave the voice behind.*
S: *a tear streamed down his face, praying for john to stop suffering in his dream. He was putting his true emotions into the song* you tied me to the kitchen chair. You broke my thone and you cut my hair, and from my lips you drew the hallelujah. Hallelujah. Hallelujah. Hallelujah. Halleluuujah. *whispers* but I'm glad you did. You brought reality to me. Please. I'm right here. You have nothing to fear...
S: *singing again* But baby I've been here before
I've seen this room and I've walked this floor
You know, I used to live alone before I knew ya
And I've seen your flag on the marble arch
And love is a victory march
It's a colourful and beautiful Hallelujah
J: *makes a small whimper, the remnants of his dream fading as he opens his eyes. His eyes are glazed over but, he knows who's holding him.* sherlock... *he dryly says in a cracked voice* I... I had such a horrid dream.... but I was saved....by.. by a voice. It sounded so... so familiar...
S: *so freaked out that he didn't hear John and continued to sing* hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, halleluuujah
J: ...yeah.. just like that... *he says as he swallows dryly. His grip loosens on the sheets, but they remain in that spot. he gently hums along*
S: Well there was a time when you let me know
What's really going on below
But now you never show that to me do ya
But remember when I moved in you
And the holy dove was moving too
And every breath we drew was Hallelujah
S: hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, halleluuuujah
J: *he continues to hum, his eyes becoming heavy and his body goes slack as he drifts into sleep.*
S: Maybe there's a God above
But all I've ever learned from love
Was how to shoot somebody who outdrew ya
S: But when you walked into my life
I'm now someone who's seen the light
It's a colourful and a beautiful Hallelujah
S: *slowly fading into silence with each hallelujah* hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, halleluuuujah
J: *he manages to curl his upper body into sherlock, sleep finding him fast.* Sher...lock... *he mutters drowsily*
S: *finally realized that John relaxed, but still keeps his eyes closed* john, you really changed me for the better, and *opens his eyes and looks down at his form curled against him* nevermind. I'm not ready to say it to myself yet. Maybe later. *kisses the top of John's head* sweet dreams my dear watson
J: *nuzzles further into sherlocks chest, peacefully asleep*
S: *kiss the top of John's head and rest his head there* I'll be here to protect you from your nightmares. I won't promise, because I break them occasionally. But I will try my hardest. *closes his eyes* thank you John... For coming into my life... *falls into a peaceful sleep*
J: *dreams peacefully throughout the night. he awakens to a warm body next to him. instead of turning away or saying something, John decides on moving up to said bodies face and kissing there lips gently*
S: *wakes up to the feeling of something pressed against his lips. Remembering how he fell asleep last night, he refused to open his eyes and find out it's only a dream. Instead he kissed back as best as he could being half asleep
J: *smiles against his detectives lips, reaching up to place a hand on Sherlock's neck. He gently pulled him closer.*
S: *gladly follows along with, what he thought was a dreams, actions. Smiling into the kiss*
J: Sherlock... *he said softly* please, look at me... bless me with those extraordinary eyes of yours... *he added the compliment for two reasons 1. it was true, 2. perhaps it would make him open them in surprise*
S: *he opened his eyes to look into john, and just stared into his eyes in shock. Thinking: this isn't a dream? A smile blessed his face as he realized this isn't a dream*
J: perfect... *he murmurs, bringing there lips together once more*
S: *smiles into the kiss, just enjoying the fact that he can actually hold him, kiss him. He was reaching levels of pure bliss that only came when he was solving a case. Or when he was around John*
J: *intertwines there bodies, desperately wanting to be closer to his detective*

J: *wakes up, alone in his own bed... with only a song and those eyes being the only trace left of his dream.* I hate my mind *he says aloud, cursing his mind for creating that reality in his head. Only to have him awake to the real world. Nightmares and Sherlock dreams, sometimes he prefers the nightmare, just so he doesn't have to feel broken when he awakes alone*

Foxes: YO, Willa did the song thing- call it a song fic if you wish!

Remember: The bonus is neither in our AU or the Sherlock cannon. Just letting frustration run across the page.