Hide the Scars, Show the Smile

W: you'll know when to play the song...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

J: *sitting in a hard metal chair pulled up to a hospital bed. He hasn't moved from this spot since he was allowed into this room. Just sitting there holding his best friend's hand, waiting for him to open his eyes again. It took over 4 hours of surgery for the doctors to get him into a stable state.  Four hours of agony for John. Waiting, every second his hope fades slightly. And now he's forced to wait again for sherlock to wake up from the medically induced coma. They said it shouldn't be long, but he watched the clock spin around slowly, for a full 12 hours. He can't sleep, not with the knowledge that sherlock hasn't woken up yet. He rest his chin on sherlock's arm, anyone who can see him now might think he was praying. And he was, for he best friend to look into his eyes again.*

S: *How dull... my body can't even cope with this dosage of drugs. Although, it has been some time... That is besides the point. I need to fight through this. For John. I need time to explain to him what happened.*

J: *he tried to focus his thoughts on something completely different, but his mind refused to think about anything but the events of tonight. Lestrade is hunting down the groundskeeper, and judging off the text he keeps sending, they're closing in on him. His mind drift back to when that damn man pulled the knife. The blood. Sherlock's face. It's all so clear in his mind's eye. And those horrible scars... Where did they come from? Why did you kept that from me? He looked down at sherlock's peaceful face and smiled* you don't look half bad when your asleep... *he quickly looked around, making sure nobody heard. And breathe a sigh of relief.* damn Sherlock. You really want to be the death of me...

S: *and yet i'm the one in the hospital bed...* *he breathes out, a small lazy smile graces his features before falling, focusing on his breathing. I can't even look at him... What a disgrace I am. I get myself hurt, he saves me, and I keep secrets from him. Why does he stay? Any sane man would have bolted at the first sign of trouble. Then again, John isn't quiet considered sane, I suppose. And yet, after everything I-We've gone through, I can't even face him. Guilt. It is a very strong emotion. A worthy opponent*

J: *he couldn't take it anymore. He just couldn't sleep. Not without that fucking violin that he plays at midnight. Not without an all-nighter the night before because that damn man can go weeks without sleep. Not without knowing his friend is ok.* fuck it. *he crawled into the hospital bed with the crazy man and curl up next to him. And almost instantly he began to relax into his friend*

S: *feels a warm presence on his side, and halts his breathing. What is he doing? Why is he-? Why is he taunting me? He lets out a long sigh before waiting patiently for John's next move. Its almost like a game. A game he chose for both of us.*

J: *falls asleep beside Sherlock, unconsciously snuggling into his side, cuddling the man*

L: John, the man is in custo... *he walks into the hospital room but stops everything when he sees the two* oh my god. This is perfect. *does not hesitate to take a picture and sends it in a group chat to molly and Mycroft. Texting* look what the two lovebirds are doing!

M: *sees the text and lets out a long sigh* really Sherlock? In a hospital?!

S: Its rude to take pictures of people when there sleeping *he voices out in a raspy voice*

L: *jumps when he hears Sherlock's voice* wait your awake?

S: I was, until the flash went off with the obnoxious clicking sound *he inhales deeply before talking again* tell me, do you know how to turn the flash off so that you don't blind people? *he gives a small sarcastic smirk*

L: you know, if john wasn't there I would smack you, then hug you, then punch you.

S: *he gives a half hearted laugh, before looking sparing a glance at John* How is he?