Chapter 8:Suspicion

By the time Lisa got home Marshall and Youth were long gone and her mom was locked away in her room wasted. It didn't bother Lisa that her mom was this way. She deserves to feel this way Lisa thinks. Especially the way she was treated since Marie was born. Nobody would be in this type of situation if Marie was given up for adoption or if her mom had an abortion. But you can't predict what happens.

Marshall and Youth read through Marie's diary.
Page 6: My fear

Normal people are afraid of insects, dying, or losing a love one. Personally my fear is similar to dying, but different in a way. My fear is that my older sister Lisa may actually kill me. I know it's crazy to think that but that's what I believe could happen to me. I don't know why she hates me but she does. I didn't do anything that horrible to make her hate me so much. She even threatens me. She told me that she would kill me. I believe her because she attempted to twice. I'm so terrified of her that I have become paranoid.

The next morning Marshall and Youth stopped by Ms.Hardwood's house about their concerns. Lisa was at school already dealing with the annoying attention.

"What brings you two here early in the morning?"Ms.Hardwood asked surprised.

"We may have our first suspect,"Youth cleared his throat.

"Really that's good,"Ms.Hardwood exhaled relieved.

"Yeah don't get too happy,"Marshall frowned.

Youth and Marshall exchanged looks and then looked at Ms.Hardwood.

"It's your daughter Lisa,"Youth said.

Ms.Hardwood put her hands over her mouth and teared up. She suspected that Lisa would have something to do with Marie's death but she didn't want to believe it.

"We need to search her room for any weapons or anything that would point her out to be guilty,"Marshall demanded.

"I don't know, can you both come by later?"Ms.Hardwood suggested.

After School Lisa's mom called her to the living room before she could go upstairs to her bedroom. Lisa hesitated at first but was curious as to what her mom wanted.

"Yes?"Lisa put her bag down.

"Be honest with me,"Ms.Hardwood stared at her with a painful expression on her face.

"Sure,"Lisa chuckled.

"What happened to Marie that night?"Ms.Hardwood asked suspicious.

"I don't know,"Lisa retorted."Do you think I killed her? Oh so I'm a suspect now? Do me a favor and keep acting like I didn't exist. It shouldn't be hard because you treated me like that the whole time Marie was alive."