Chapter 10: First Suspect

Justin got out of the school building, heading to his car. On his way to his car Marshall and Youth stopped him. He was nervous but he didn't react. Maybe there was something wrong with his car. That's what he thought.

"Mr. Franklin,"Youth pulled out his badge.

"Just call me Justin please,"Justin responded, his voice shaky.

"Justin. I'm detective Youth and this is detective Marshall,"Youth held out his hand.

Justin shook his hand taking deep breaths.

"How may I help you two?"Justin asked curious.

"We just need to ask you a few questions,"Marshall smiled.

The detectives drove him down to the station. He waited in the interrogation room for several minutes until Marshall and Youth finally joined him.

"Justin how did you know Marie?"Marshall looked at him in his eyes.

"I'm good friends with her older sister Lisa,"Justin answered.

"Did you notice any drama between the two?"Youth asked.

"All the time,"Justin choked out a laugh."Lisa would always threaten Marie."

"And what would Lisa say?"Youth wondered.

"Usually that she would kill Marie,"Justin shrugged.

"How close were you and Lisa or even Marie?"Marshall asked studying him.

"Well I wasn't that close to Marie. But Lisa and I were really close. So close that I would do anything for her,"Justin sat up straight.

Marshall closed her eyes and let out a low sigh. This case is so stressful for her. She isn't getting anywhere. Yes she has her suspicions but not anything to arrest the people she suspects. Marshall excused herself to go get coffee and allowed Youth to continue to ask Justin questions.

"Do you think Lisa would murder her sister?"Youth squinted his eyes at Justin.

"Oh no,"Justin shook his head."Yeah she threatened her sister a lot but I honestly believe that she just says it out of anger."

"Are you sure?"Youth leaned closer.

"Yes. Lisa is capable of many things, but murder is not one,"Justin folded his arms.

"Where were you the night Marie was murdered?"Youth sat back.

"At my house on my Xbox. You can ask my friend Joe,"Justin retorted."Can I go now?"