Chapter 25: Goodbyes

Lisa was sentenced to 15 years in federal prison. Her dad was sentenced to 20 years. Before she was sent off there she contacted Youth to give him something.

"Marie gave this to me. It was from her diary. She told me that if I ever get caught to give this to the detective that got me,"she handed him the paper.

"This was the torn paper Marshall mentioned,"Youth murmured.

"And if you see my mom tell her that she shouldn't be disappointed in Marie for wanting this,"Lisa frowned.

"I will,"Youth nodded his head.

He walked off and got into his car. He swallowed hard and read the note.

If you're reading this you obviously got my sister for committing this crime. I know the jury is going to say she's guilty because that's how it is from her perspective, but here's my perspective. My mom always told me not to trust no man. That she is all I have. She wouldn't let me go out. I only got to hang with my friend once in a while. It felt like a prison and I couldn't feel that way anymore. I am so depressed, so angry, and it's because of my mom. I love her and I love my sister. Everyday I can see the misery in their eyes. The pain, suffer, regrets. I just want them to be happy. So I asked Lisa and dad to kill me. Why? Because if I'm gone mom wouldn't have to worry about me getting hurt by some guy and Lisa wouldn't have to miserable of me. I learned that God has a plan for us. That there is something greater and bigger that will happen to us one day. I just want it to happen now. So don't look at my sister guilty. What she did was out of love. I know she won't ever admit it but she does love me. I love you too Lisa and I will be watching you. So stick it out and you'll leave jail as a stronger and better person. As I end this letter I say goodbye.
-Marie