Chapter 11: Family Background

Marshall went through the Hardwood records. Lisa had a lot of school fights and outbursts with students and teachers. She's known as the trouble child in the family. Her dad abandoned them two years after Marie was born. Since then Lisa always hated Marie.

"That's it,"Marshall said ecstatic.

"What is?"Youth asked confused.

"Lisa blames Marie for her dad leaving them,"Marshall handed Youth papers.

He looked over the papers and agreed with Marshall. They might have to make another home visit.

Nobody knows, not Marie or Ms.Hardwood, that Lisa has been in contact with her dad. He was out of town the whole week since Marie's case. Lisa didn't have the chance to talk to him because everyone was on her about Marie. Especially the detectives trying to know all her business. She had to lay low for a while. But when her dad called her today she was so happy to answer. Lisa never had anger towards her dad for leaving them. She understood why at a young age. It was Ms.Hardwood's fault. She treated him like garbage and only focused on Marie. He felt as if she didn't love him anymore so he decided to leave. The only thing Lisa questioned was why he didn't take her with him. Ms.Hardwood acted as if Marie was a special child. So precious and fragile like a trophy. It made Lisa sick to her stomach thinking about it.

"How's your mother doing?"Lisa's dad asked.

"Awful,"Lisa answered.

"How about you?"he changed his tone.

"I don't know,"she sat down on her bed.

She started telling him everything that happened in the past week. Then she began thinking. I despised Marie so much that she pushed me to my breaking point where I killed her and then hit myself on the head to lose some of my memory, Lisa thought. OH MY GOD I faked my own injury and murdered my sister. It didn't surprise Lisa, it actually made her laugh to herself. She didn't know how good she was. Oh I shouldn't get my hopes up. It probably didn't happen like that. Ugh why can't I remember?

The Hardwood family is so dysfunctional that not one soul outside of their household besides Justin knew how unhappy they were.