Chapter 3: Marie's Missing

When Lisa woke up the next morning her head was pounding. Somehow she couldn't remember anything from last night. Then she heard a scream and hurried downstairs. There was blood splattered all over the couch. But no body to be found. A lot of thoughts went through Lisa's mind at the moment.

"Lisa! I'm so glad you're okay,"her mom hugged her.

"Where's your precious item?"Lisa rolled her eyes.

"What?"her mom sniffled.

"Marie,"I shrugged.

"She's missing,"her mom replied,wiping her face.

"Oh what a tragedy,"Lisa giggled.

Lisa laughed to herself and rummaged through the kitchen looking for something to eat.

"While you contact the police I'll be eating something delightful mom,"Lisa joked.

For some reason Lisa's strange attitude had her mom questioning the situation. She didn't expect Lisa to be so calm.

"A normal person would grieve like me,"her mom commented.

"Oh newsflash i'm not normal,"Lisa smiled.

"Stop being so naive,"her mom scoffed.

"Stop being so dramatic,"Lisa said turning on the stove.

Later the cops came and her mom told them everything she knew. They tried to ask Lisa questions but she refused to speak to them. Instead of having to deal with annoying authorities surrounding her house and checking every space there she stayed in the shower until the noise died down. Lisa was kind of mad that she and her mom had to stay in a different household for a few days while they check out the crime scene. It was crucial to Lisa that she didn't leave anything suspicious behind when she was packing a bag. Nobody knew how much she hated these cops but her. And her mom made it worse. Being so overdramatic. Yes Lisa gets it her little annoying rat sister has been murdered. She doesn't know how but it happened. Not like she cared. Her sister was just a pain in the ass like the cruel world. It drove Lisa insane. But Lisa knew that once everyone finds out that Marie has been murdered there will be whispers and rumors about it all at high school. All Lisa could think of was to kill herself now than to deal with the irritation later.