Chapter 21: Too Far

It came as a shock to Ms.Hardwood and Youth when they found out the next day that Marshall was murdered. Lisa pretended to be upset when she heard the news but only she knew who killed her. Well for a while only she knew. Justin found out it was her. When she came to his house after midnight with a busted lip he could tell that she committed a crime. It bothered him in a way. If a person is really guilty they will make a mistake and every guilty person slips up.

"Alright this has to stop Lisa,"Justin pulled her aside.

"What are you talking about?"Lisa tried to play it off.

"I know you killed Marshall last night,"he muttered.

"She knew too much Justin,"Lisa retorted.

"I don't want you to get caught,"he grunted.

"Fine I'll stop,"she pouted."But it was fun."

"Who do you think would want to kill her?"Youth shook his head.

"I don't know,"Ms.Hardwood rested her hand on his shoulder.

"Brian Youth,"the Chief of police stormed towards him. "We need to talk now."

Youth followed the Chief to his office. He closed the door behind him and sat down.

"What is going on? There is some lunatic out for you two and now one is dead,"Chief complained.

"I don't know sir,"Youth shrugged.

"Has anyone threatened you guys or Marshall in particular? Who would hate her that much to kill her?"Chief asked.

Youth lifted his head thinking of who would want to kill Marshall.

"I know who,"Youth stood up.

He ran out the Chief's office.

         Lisa and Justin got out the car just as the police arrived. Justin and Lisa exchanged glances. He looked at her frightened and she looked at him worried.

"Lisa you are under arrest for the death of Kay Marshall,"Youth put the handcuffs on her."You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do can and will be used against you in the court of law..."

"Hey she didn't do anything!"Justin shouted."Let her go."