Chapter 10

The following day went by fast with everything going on and before I knew it, I was being escorted to the ceremony grounds. When I arrived my grandfather was standing before me with a large grin on his face. "I have a surprise for you." He said while ushering me to the side. "She is right over here." Right as I was about to ask who he was talking about I seen my mother.

Letting go of my grandfather's hand, I ran into her arms. "Oh momma, I missed you." I said as she smoothed my hair.

"I was worried sick about you. Thank the goddess you are safe." my mom said while hugging me tightly.

"We have so much to talk about." I said excitedly.

"Later Willow." My mom replied. "Your grandfather already filled me in on the important things, but right now we have to complete our transfer into this pack."

"Wait are you transferring tonight as well?"

"Yes Willow, I agreed that here with you is where I belong. Plus alpha Todd has had me on lock down since your disappearance. Now it all makes sense. Good thing beta Colton was able to get me out when he did."

My mother's response sent me for a loop, but as I was about to ask more the strong voice of alpha Paul interrupted me. " Dearest pack members, tonight we accept not two but three new members into our pack. Our rescue mission was a success and Anna has agreed to join us here."

Sounds of applause rose up from the pack. Once it was quiet again, my grandfather called us up to the stage. "Willow," he said, "do you renounce your place in the Silver Paw pack and agree to join your rightful family here, taking on all the duties appointed to you as our future Luna?"

"I Willow Heart of the Silver Paw pack, renounce my place and agree to accept my new duties in the White Fire pack as future Luna." I stated strong and proud.

"I Paul Heart, alpha of the White Fire pack, accept Willow Heart as our new pack member and future Luna." My grandfather bellowed.

Taking my hand he cut my Palm and his allowing our blood to combine in droplets on the ground. He placed his hand in mine and started to chant in a different tongue. I felt my Palm get hot. When he finished he turned my palm over and in place of the cut was a paw print surrounded in fire, the symbol of White Fire royalty. "The bonding was a success." My grandfather yelled, pride evident in his voice. "Here you have your future Luna." The pack cheered and for the first time in my life I knew I was right where I belonged.

Next it was my mother's turn. Her induction went similar to mine accept on her palm was only the symbol of fire, a sign that she was a normal pack member. She then took an oath to become the new pack doctor.

Last was Xavier's turn. "I Xavier Black, renounce my title as future alpha of the Silver Paw pack. I sever the bond and agree to start anew here beside my mate as the White Fire's future alpha." He said with authority.

"I Alpha Paul Heart, of the White Fire pack accept Xavier Black as our new pack member and future alpha to rule beside our beloved Willow." My grandfather said.

Once again my grandfather cut his palm then cut Xavier's. Hand in hand the blood fell as my grandfather chanted. Their hands were set ablaze and I stood to stop the fire when my mother grabbed me. "No Willow." She said. "He is breaking the bond and severing the ties."

Just then the fire went out and my grandfather announced, "it was a success," as he showed Xavier's palm bearing the same mark as me. I ran into his arms and he hugged me tightly as Alpha Paul lead us in a howl. The whole pack howled and voices mingled in a musical melody.

"Now lets eat." Alpha Paul yelled. We all followed him back to the pack house where a large feast awaited us. The rest of the night went by smoothly as we all ate and laughed.

"The preparations begin tomorrow" my grandfather said. " we must rush along now Willow, for a war will soon be at our door step."

"Yes grandfather."

Just then we heard faint howls echoing through the land. The Silver Paw pack knew and Alpha Todd was mourning his lost son.

"Time has grown shorter now. You will be mated in three days." My grandfather said to Xavier and I, then retreated to his study with his beta Colton.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Follow,  vote, comment, I'd love to hear from you!!!!

xLily