Chapter 20

Willows Pov

It's been two days and I still haven't heard from my grandfather or the warriors other than to tell me they had breached the borders. Two days I haven't slept to worried to do so. I paced the bedroom surprised I hadn't worn a hole in the carpet by now.

I tried again to link Xavier but got no answer. My wolf was wary and her soft whimper filled my head.

"I miss him too" I said to her then Sat on the bench at the end of our bed. My head in my hands I let the tears flow.

Why didn't I let him go? Why did I agree to this. If I had just told him no and severed our bond, none of this would have happened. Xavier would be safe and I  wouldn't have a war on my hands. The Silver paws wouldn't have turned there heads at me being gone but their future alpha...I'm a fool I should have said no I should have let him go!!

"You didn't let him go because we love him." my wolf answered.

"I know and because of my decision he and many others could be killed. The heart break of rejection would have been so much easier."

"Bullshit, it would have been the end of us and you know it. Before Xavier we were weak. You would have lost me and we both would have died." she growled out.

Sighing I stood up and headed for the bathroom. Perhaps a bath would settle my nerves a bit and allow me to sleep.

I ran a hot bath adding my favorite bubbles and got in, sinking into the water allowing the bubbles to reach my chin. " If only my grandfather didnt give us an alpha command making me stay put" I grumbled. Sighing I closed my eyes allowing the water to ease my tensed muscles.

I must have fallen asleep as I was jolted awake by yelling coming from down stairs. I let the water out and quickly got out of the tub grabbing a towel and rushing to the closet.

Yanking on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt I ran out the door gathering my hair into a messy bun as I ran, my bare feet making loud tapping sounds with every step.

Reaching the steps I opted on sliding down the railing instead and continued through the kitchen and out the back door.

Coming up the yard was my grandfather and the warriors covered in dirt and blood but looking triumphant. My heart was in my throat as I searched for that one face amongst the crowd.

Finaly I spotted him looking tired and worn. "Xavier" I yelled running to him.

I wrapped my arms around him feeling him pull me closer and tuck his face into my neck. Relief washed over me leaving me drained and the dam broke again as tears streamed down my face.

"Don't cry baby, I'm here." he shushed showering my face, hair, and neck in kisses.

"Xavier," I squeaked out till he shushed me again.

"Come love, I need to tell you something but first I need a bath and to just hold you longer."

Ushering me inside together we went back to our room to get him cleaned up. I didn't care much about what he wanted to talk to me about, I only cared that he was home and in my arms again. Everything else could wait.

I followed him into the bathroom, turning the shower on as he undressed. Turning to leave, Xavier stopped me grabbing my arm lightly.

"Stay please...My wolf needs you close, I need you close."

Nodding my head I quickly undressed and joined him in the shower, wincing internaly as I cleaned the cuts on his body. Seeing him this way was killing me. I felt my anger begin to rise at what they done to him, but bit it back. My mate needs me, anger can come later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you all enjoyed.

Vote, comment, I'd love to hear from you!!

xLily