6 ; just keep playing

6 ∞ just keep playing

"Hey," Lily said as she entered the hospital room. The doctor was just leaving the room and Jackson was sat on the chair, moving his shoulder around. His jaw was clenched as he looked up at her, scowling at her in annoyance. She knew he was upset with her but she wasn't worried. They'd been friends for forever, so all she needed to do was apologise and talk to him and he'd forgive her. Their fights never got too bad.

"Jackson," she sang as she came further into the room, smiling sweetly, "Jacky..."

"What do you want?" he glared at her, causing her to pull a face in response.

"Clearly you need more painkillers," Lily told him. It was convenient that she was at the hospital because Scott had told her that he and Stiles were on the way so that he could sniff the dead body. That is a sentence I never thought I'd think, she thought to herself. She promised that she'd meet them there - which was probably going to be awkward because she still had yet to talk to Stiles.

When she'd gotten home, he'd tried to talk to her but she'd avoided him completely and left for school in the morning with their dad instead of the jeep. It wasn't the first time she'd avoided him but it was the first time that it was undeniably her fault.

When Jackson didn't crack a smile at her joke, she scowled, "I will watch American Horror Story."

This did nothing to change the glare he had.

"And I'll go to your next stupid gathering," she added.

Again, he just continued to glare at her.

"Jackson, what do you want from me?" she huffed in frustration.

"I want a friend," he replied, "You're supposed to be my best friend but you walked right past me while I was on the floor basically dying."

She knew he was right. Even so, she pouted, "You're not dead yet."

"I hate you," he rolled his eyes.

Lily smiled, biting her lip to not laugh, "I'm sorry, Jackson. I didn't mean to leave you there - I just... I had to deal with Scott."

Jackson pursed his lips at this, looking down to the floor. He looked as though he wanted to argue but he didn't. Instead he just muttered, "Of course you did. Of course you had to go and console McCall after he mortally wounded me."

"God, you're so dramatic sometimes," Lily accidentally laughed, "I think you've been spending too much time with me because you're starting to sound like a nerd, Jacky."

His lip purse increased but it eventually broke, him letting a smile out but looking as though he wasn't happy that he'd let it out. "My hate for you just doubled," Jackson stated.

"Just 'cause you know it's true," Lily laughed.

"Tripled," he grumbled - even though he was smiling.

"So... am I forgiven?" she asked, a cheeky grin on her face.

He sighed, standing up and rolling his shoulder, "Yeah but I'm gonna take your offers for American Horror Story and attending my events."

"Event, singular. But sure, whatever," Lily replied, "Lydia's waiting outside for you." Jackson nodded and she led the way, chatting with him until they reached Lydia. She quickly embraced him and asked him how he was while Lily excused herself, pausing when she found her brother. Her feet stopped just in front of him, her eyes looking everywhere but at his.

"Lily-" he started but luckily he was cut off by Scott coming out of the Morgue, a nervous look on his face. Seeing the opportunity to change the subject, Lily turned to face him, an expectant look on her face. She was hoping that he'd tell her that the smells didn't match because she was slightly convinced that Derek couldn't be the killer.