5 ; be brave

5 ∞ be brave

"What took you bozo's so long?" Lily complained when Stiles and Scott finally left the locker rooms. People were already lining up on the field and Coach was blowing his whistle furiously. Scott ran onto the field while Stiles took a seat next to her - ignoring the fact that he was supposed to practising as well. She liked to sneak onto the player benches and at first, Coach used to shoo her away because she distracted pretty much anyone she could get her hands on but she was basically their mascot now. At least she liked to think so; if you asked Coach, he'd probably say she was a menace.

"You're not gonna believe this," Stiles exclaimed, catching Lily by surprise. She eyed her brother warily - it seemed that Stiles was always going to be in a frantic mood lately. She couldn't blame him with everything that was going on but it was just tiring to have to keep up with him.

"You finally realised that the buzz cut is doing nothing for you and you're going to grow your hair out again?" Lily replied quickly. She knew that he probably didn't fully hear what she said but she was hoping that he'd subconsciously pick up on it and decide to do what she said. Lily had almost cried when Stiles had shaved his head because she just felt like he looked way better with hair.

Stiles' eyebrows furrowed and he frowned at her, "What?"

She bit her lip to stop herself from laughing, shaking her head, "Don't worry about it - just tell me what you were going to."

He gave her a suspicious look before nodding, arms gesturing wildly - as per usual - while he spoke, "So you remember how Scott said there are hunters about? Well - the one who shot Scott, he's Allison's dad."

Lily gasped, looking at Scott; it was coming up for his turn to go. It made her nervous as Jackson was the one blocking and he was still pissed at Scott for maybe using drugs. She knew Jackson well and she was worried that he'd be harsher than necessary. Eyes returning to Scott, she appraised him - he seemed... off. "Is Scott okay?" Lily asked.

"He's fine," Stiles dismissed, then seeing that Coach was suddenly looking at them, quickly jumped up and ran to get in line. She was glad that he did because she wasn't in the mood to get sent away by Coach. By the time he reached the line, Scott was at front. Lily watched anxiously as he ran for Jackson - his pace slower than usual. She couldn't help but to flinch when Jackson knocked him over; she hadn't been wrong about how Jackson would act. What if this got Scott riled up? Coach was currently shouting in his ear and if his heartbeat increasing was what caused the change, then how could they be sure that this wouldn't cause it?

Scott seemed to be going again, standing in the front of the line. He ran in, his pace only slightly faster, but this time round, it was him knocking Jackson over. Lily's eyes were wide as she ran over, debating whether to go to Scott who was trying to control himself or Jackson, who was lying on the floor. Deciding that since Scott losing control could lead to potential deaths of people on the field, she ran to him, her and Stiles leading him into the locker room.

Stiles lead him to sit down, while Lily closed the door, making sure no one was nearby. Right when she turned around to help Stiles, she heard Scott growl, "Get away from me!"

His words seemed animalistic and instead of running to help her brother, she found herself frozen as she watched Scott chase after him. Trying to stay calm, she slid down one of the lockers, holding her breath. She should have gotten up to help her brother who she could hear scrambling around but she just couldn't get herself to stand. Scott was growling and climbing all over the place, her presence forgotten. He wouldn't hurt Stiles, would he?

She flinched violently as she heard the sound of something going off, a fire extinguisher? There was silence before she heard Scott call, "Stiles? Lily? What happened?" Tears built in Lily's eyes as she realised that it was over - and she'd hid the whole way through.