9 ; smells a little like... death

9 ∞ smells a little like... death

"What the hell are you doing here?" Lily asked as she left her classroom, only to find Derek Hale leaning against the wall, looking as though he was going to pass out. His face was pale and he kept clenching his jaw and fists as though trying to control himself. She had been on her way to meet her brother at the school exit after stopping at her locker but seeing Derek had made her stop. "Oh my god, you look terrible," she exclaimed, hand resting warily on his leather clad arm. Her day had been going so well as well; she had gotten an A+ in their recent exam - too bad she couldn't say the same for Scott.

He didn't reply, only glaring at her.

"I mean - not that you're not hot anymore because you really are but like... you just look terrible, okay? I can't sugar coat it," Lily sighed.

Derek pushed himself up the wall a bit more, grunting, "Where's Scott?"

She frowned, annoyed that he wasn't asking her for help but then again, she wasn't the werewolf in the group - thank god for that. Nodding her head in the outside direction, she said, "He should be outside. Do you need help walking?"

He rolled his eyes, "No, I'm fine." Lily grimaced in disbelief, watching as he took a step before staggering towards the floor. He would have landed on his knees if it weren't for her grabbing his arm and heaving him back up. She'd never done this kind of thing before but she'd seen it plenty on movies so she just did her best to replicate it. Lifting his arm, she placed it around her shoulder, putting her own arm around his waist.

"Fine, my ass," Lily muttered as she led him out, "You look like you're dying."

"I think I am," he replied, his voice hoarse.

Lily looked at him, surprised to see that he was joking. How could he be joking in the state he was in? Smiling slightly, she rolled her eyes, "I think I am too. Why are you so heavy?" She knew why. It was muscle. She could feel it while helping him walk. "I think you should go to the gym less," she told him.

"I don't go to the gym at all," he smirked. She was about to reply when he took his arm from around her, speeding off to run in front of the jeep and stop it. Lily sighed, if only he had waited for a moment, he could have gotten Stiles and Scott to meet him at their meeting place. Running after him, she ignored the weird looks he was getting as he raised his hand to stop Stiles. Her brother was sat in the car - unsurprisingly freaking out as Derek collapsed.

Seeing him fall to the floor, Lily quickened her pace, kneeling down next to him. "Derek?" she called, reaching out to touch him but stopping herself at the last moment. He probably wouldn't have appreciated her touching him. "Derek?" she repeated when he only swayed. What was going on with him? Was he actually dying? She hoped not.

"What the hell, Lily?" Stiles exclaimed, catching her attention. She looked up to see Scott and her brother approaching, sighing in relief at having help.

Scott kneeled down, looking to Lily and asking, "What is he doing here?"

Her eyes widened and she shook her head, "Don't look at me, I just found him inside earlier. He said he was looking for you."

"I was shot," Derek breathed.

It wasn't possible for her eyes to widen further but if they could have, they would have. Why didn't he just tell her that? Why did he need to look for Scott? And why wasn't he healing? As usual, Derek Hale seemed to bring way more questions than Lily would have liked. Grimacing, she turned to Derek in surprise, "What? You didn't tell me that?"